Another popular cookies baked during Eid or Chinese New Year. Made of wheat flour, ghee (clarified butter), stuff with roasted ground peanut and sugar then mold into leaf shape biscuit using the pincer. You can also shape them into small ball and stuff the filling.
A drop of green coloring is added to the dough if not you can let as it is. If you find the dough is too soft you can add some flour. After baking you have to coat them with icing sugar. These Biskut Makmur are very fragile to handle and really melt into you mouth.
500 g plain flour
60 g icing sugar
250 g ghee
1cing sugar for coating
green food coloring (optional)
300 g ground roasted peanut
70 g icing sugar
1. Mix together the flour, icing sugar, ghee and a drop of coloring into pliable dough. Add more ghee if needed until the dough is soft and easily shape into a ball.
2. Combine together roasted peanut and sugar for filling.
3. Take small ball of the dough, stuff with the filling. Shape as per photo above.
4. After shaping, use the pincer to make a leaf like pattern on top of the biscuit.
5. Bake at 160 C for 15-20 mins.
6. After slightly cool, coat the baked biscuit with icing sugar.
Connect with me:
FACEBOOK / YOU TUBE / YOU TUBE / RSS / EMAIL