The cookies is named after the ingredients used that is cocoa and badam (almond), I have tried other cookies using almond but not this combo. It is extremely delicious and has a right amount of sweetness. Not only that the dough is is so easy to work with. So much easier if you roll out the dough in between plastic sheet. It is now becomes one of my favorite cookies collection.
Adapted from Mami Asmah Laili
350 g all purpose flour
250 g butter softened
130 g sugar powder
25 g cocoa powder
2 tablespoon nutella or other choc spread
120 g chopped almond
50 g cornflour
extra almond to decorate on top
* Sift together cornflour and all purpose flour. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until creamy.
* Add in nutella, cocoa powder and almond, mix well.
* Gradually add in sifted ingredients (cornflour and all purpose flour) and forms into pliable dough.
* Roll the dough between 2 plastic sheet, sprinkle chopped almond. Lightly press using rolling pin so the almond will stick to the dough.
* Using cookies cutter, cut out the dough and place them in baking sheet.
* Bake @ 160 C for 15 minutes. Remove and cool on wire rack.
* When completely cool, store in an airtight container.
Slightly Indulgent Tuesday
Tempt My Tummy Tuesday
Tasty Tuesdays Bloghop
Hearth And Soul 18
Fabulous Friday Finds
Fresh Clean And Pure Friday
Feature Yourself Friday
Its Hodgepodge Friday
I'm Lovin' It
Full Plate Thursday
Themed Bakers Sunday 9
Connect with me:
FACEBOOK / YOU TUBE / YOU TUBE / RSS / EMAIL / GOOGLE+