All time favourite for the young and old, simply irresistible. This snack is stuffed with potato, cooked in spices, deep fried until golden brown. The outer wrap is rather crispy but filling is quite spicy. Addition of meat or chicken is optional. It is so famous and easily obtainable from hawker stalls as well as upmarket eateries.
3 cups plain flour
3 tablespoons hot oil
3 tablespoons butter/margarine melted
5 potatoes cubed
3 tablespoons curry powder
1/2 tablespoon chili powder
2 onions chopped
1 teaspoon ginger paste
1 teaspoon garlic paste
1 carrot cut into small pieces
1. Heat the oil, saute the onion till light brown, add ginger, garlic, curry powder, chili powder and little water, fry until fragrant.
2. Add in potato, carrot, salt and enough water, cover pot. Water level should be slightly above the potato. Stir occasionally.
3. After the potato turns soft, sprinkle coriander leaves and remove from heat. Cool.
4. Combine together flour, salt, oil and butter, mix until resembles bread crumb.
5. Add water little by little until soft dough is formed.
6. Shape the the dough into small disc about 3 inches diameter, stuff with a tablespoonful of filling. Seal the edges in a pleated manner.
7. Repeat the process until dough is completed.
8. Deep fry in heated oil until golden brown.
9. Best eaten hot.
Real Food WednesdayFoodie Friday
Vegetarian Foodie Fridays 28
67th Penny Pinching Party
We Did It Wednesday
Whatever Goes Wednesday 47
Pajama Party 5-
Whats Cooking Wednesday
Creative Share Blog Hop.
Just Another Meatless Monday
Midnight Maniac Meatless Mondays
Market- Yourself Monday
Meatless Vegan Monday
Show And Tell
Pennywise Platter 69
Simple Lives Thursday