This is one of the most mouth watering and delicious Indian snacks normally deep fried in oil until crispy. Made of besan (chickpeas flour) which is rich in protein, carbohydrates but gluten free. It is more flavorful thickener than wheat flour. The same flour is used to make bonda, pakora, papadum, bhaji and many more in Indian cooking. I too love to eat this but hesitant since it is fried. So tried the baked version, it turns out amazing minus the oil, we enjoyed having it with a cup of tea.
1/2 cup wheat flour
1/2 cup besan (gram flour)
2 tablespoons rice flour
1 onion chopped
1 teaspoon chili powder
2 tablespoons oil
1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
2 tablespoons coriander leaves
salt to taste
oil to grease the pan
* Preheat oven @ 190 C and grease the baking pan.
* Combine together wheat flour, besan, rice flour, onion, chili powder, oil, fennel, coriander leaves and salt in a mixing bowl.
* Gradually add water to form a thick dough.
* Drop a teaspoonful of dough onto baking pan.
* Bake for 10 minutes until golden brown. Enjoy your healthy snack with a cup of tea.
Decidedly Healthy Or Horridly Decadent
Saturday Is Crafty Day
Not Baaad Sundays
Say Hi Sunday
Sister Sister Sunday