I used to buy this bun from a nearby bakery. This is one of my son's favorite bread. It is stuffed with potato but it could be too spicy and may not cater to those who can't take hot stuff. When baking this, I made sure they turn out extra spicy. My son really loved this and i would be baking more often for his sake. Besides potato, you could use chicken or meat for a change.
3 cups all purpose flour
1 and 1/2 teaspoons dry yeast
2 tablespoons milk powder
4 tablespoons melted butter
2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup warm water
1 teaspoon salt
For the preparation of the filling kindly refer to this link:
* Mix together sugar, yeast and warm water in a small bowl, keep for 10 minutes or until frothy.
* In a mixing bowl, put together flour, milk powder, butter and salt, add the yeast mixture and knead by hand for 10 minutes until smooth and elastic or use your stand mixer.
* Keep covered for 2 hours or double in size. Deflate the dough and divide into 14 balls.
* Roll out the ball into circle, stuff with the filling and place it onto baking pan, covered for 45 minutes. Preheat oven @ 180 C towards the end of proofing time.
* Brush with butter and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
* After removing from oven, brush again with butter. Enjoy!
You Like Me
Hop Along Friday
Stalk Hop Friday
Sister Sister Sunday
Think Pink Sundays
Show And Tell Friday
Connect with me:
FACEBOOK / YOU TUBE / YOU TUBE / RSS / EMAIL / GOOGLE+ / TWITTER