Friday, May 28, 2010
SESAME AND OAT COOKIES AND BEAUTIFUL CARDS
Since we are nearing the end of the week, baked this melt in the mouth cookies which is not so sweet and tasted great. Added rolled oat and black sesame seed for this recipe, really perfect combo, contains goodness of oat and sesame seed.
The dough is too soft to handle but managed to roll them into small ball. You can refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes to make it firmer.
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/2 cup rolled oat
5 tablespoons black sesame
* Sift flour and baking powder, add rolled oat and sesame seed, mix well.
* Cream butter and sugar until creamy, add vanilla essence.
* Now add butter mixture with flour and form into pliable dough.
* Shape the dough into small ball then flatten and place onto baking pan. Preheat oven @ 170 C.
* Bake for 10-15 minutes . Remove from pan after 5 minutes and cool on wire rack.
* Store in an airtight container once it is completely cool.
My blogger friend, Priya Prashanth has sent this beautiful card to mark her 250th post. Thanks for sharing this with me. Keep posting dear..
Thanks to Sanyukta Gour for sharing this on completing her first month of blogging, really admire your creativity!