I have baked various types of bread but not this one, it's a typical yeast bread but mashed banana is added to the dough. This recipe truly is great, have no problems getting this bread to rise. It is one of the simplest recipes I've found and the end result was not disappointing at all, the texture was perfect, remains soft even the next day.
It is actually healthy for good breakfast or just as dessert or snack, you can serve it with butter, cheese or anything you like. It is the best bread I ever baked!
3 C all purpose flour
2 T melted butter
3/4 C warm water
1/2 C mashed banana
2 and 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
1/2 tsp salt
4 T sugar
* Combine 2 T sugar, warm water with yeast. Keep for 10 minutes until frothy.
* In a mixing bowl, add together flour, salt, remaining sugar, butter and yeast, gradually add the water to form pliable dough. Knead about 10 minutes by hand or use stand mixer.
* Oil the bowl and rest the dough for 2 hours covered.
* Deflate the dough, divide into 12 balls. Place them on baking tray and let rise for 45 minutes.
* Towards the end of raising time, preheat the oven @ 190 C. Bake the bread for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
* Remove from the oven and brush top with butter. Enjoy!
This goes to Whats-cooking-wednesday, Creative chick parade day four-recipe
Motivate Me Monday
Made By You Monday
Making World Cuter Monday
Amaze Me Monday
Mad Skills Party
83rd Penny Pinching Party
Whats Cooking Wednesday
Whatever Goes Wednesday
Creative Bloggers Party
Think Pink Sundays