Saturday, August 28, 2010
If you have over riped banana and don't know what to to do with them, I suggest you should try making this Malaysian/Singapore popular baked kuih. The recipe below uses over riped bananas as the main ingredient. It is mashed before adding the flour, sugar, coconut milk, butter and salt.
It is very simple to prepare, just need a mixing bowl to combine and stir until well incorporated then pour into greased pan to bake. No washing up of extra dishes involved. Let the cake to cool completely before slicing. Enjoy this as your delicious dessert or serve them for snack.
2 C mashed banana
1 and 1/4 C all purpose flour
1/2 C sugar
3/4 C coconut milk
3 T melted butter
1/4 tsp salt
oil to grease the pan
* Preheat oven @ 170 C and grease 7 in pan.
* In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, coconut milk, butter, salt and banana, mix well.
* Gradually mix in flour, stir until well blended.
* Pour into greased pan and bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
* Let set in the pan for 5 minutes, transfer onto rack to cool.
* Slice to bite size pieces to serve.
view my recipes