I'm looking for brownies that is healthy and eggless but unfortunately can't find any that suit my taste, either high in sugar or fat.
So I came up with this recipe after going through various sources and so glad I did, I can assure you, this is seriously good. It is really remarkable that with mere cocoa powder it turns out great. It is very healthy, guilt free as a dessert or afternoon snack that does not hurt your diet.
Since most brownies called for eggs but now I use buttermilk. To make your own add a tablespoon of vinegar or lemon juice to a cup of milk, let sit for 5 minutes or until curdled, now it is ready to be used in your cooking. Next time I need to double up this Best Cocoa Brownies recipe since it is a huge hit with my family.
BEST COCOA BROWNIES
1 C all purpose flour
3/4 C sugar
4 T unsweetened cocoa
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 C water
2 T oil
1/2 C buttermilk
5 T chocolate chip
C = cup T = tablespoon
* Preheat oven @ 175 C. Grease 8 x 8 pan. Sift flour and baking powder.
* In a mixing bowl, combine flour, cocoa, salt,sugar and chocolate chip.
* In a small bowl, mix together water, oil, essence and buttermilk.
* Now add this to the flour mixture and stir until well incorporated.
* Pour onto prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Cool on pan 10 minutes.
* Remove and cut into squares to serve.