Don't know what to do with leftover bread? This is my idea, toast or bake the bread without oil until crispy, break into small pieces and grind it. Your bread crumb is ready to be used as a coating, topping or thickener, money saver too. It is easily turned into a crunchy and irresistible cookies enjoyed by whole family.
Kids love to bake cookies. Young kids can practice to measure out ingredients used and stirring them. So tag them along when baking, it is a great learning experience and let them understand the basic kitchen rules.
BREAD CRUMB COOKIES
375g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
half tsp vanilla essence
130g bread crumbs
40g black sesame seeds
1. Pre heat oven to 170 C. Sift flour and baking powder.
2. Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
3. Add in sifted ingredients, bread crumbs, black sesame seeds and the essence to the butter mixture, combine well.
4. Shape into small balls and bake for 15-20 mins.
5. Cool on pan 5 minutes, transfer onto wire rack.
6. When completely cool, store in an airtight container.
Linking to Yeastspotting 10-8-10
Connect with me:
FACEBOOK / YOU TUBE / YOU TUBE / RSS / EMAIL / GOOGLE+