Looking for some healthy and easy to cook dish? You have came to the right place. I'm sharing with you this absolutely oil free and packed with goodness of oat and milk, all in one flat bread.
This bread uses whole wheat flour and ground rolled oat. Adding of green chili or chili powder to the dough is up to your preference. When mixing the dough, care to be taken that you don't pour the milk at one go, add a little at a time until pliable dough is formed.
Oat and Onion Paratha is great to be served during dinner, breakfast or as brunch together with your spicy non vegetarian curry and for vegetarian dishes such as chick peas/rajma masala or other spicy vegetable gravy.
Oat & Onion Paratha
Yield : 4
3/4 C whole wheat flour
1/4 C rolled oat (ground)
1 onion chopped fine
1/2 C milk (do not use all)
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
2 green chili chopped or
1/2 tsp chili powder
2 tbsp chopped coriander leveas
1/2 tsp salt
* Place all ingredients except milk in a mixing bowl.
* Gradually add milk until pliable dough is formed. Keep 30 minutes.
* Divide dough into 4 balls. Roll out each ball into round on floured board. Complete the rest of the dough.
* Heat the cast iron flat pan, the fry each paratha until bubbles appear on top, flip and cook the other side.
* Serve hot with your favorite gravy.
Connect with me:
FACEBOOK / YOU TUBE / YOU TUBE / RSS / EMAIL / GOOGLE+