Friday, October 1, 2010
SWEET & SAVORY BEE HOON PLUS AN AWARD
I used to cook idiyappam (string hoppers) with coconut milk few months back. It is a quick and yummy South Indian breakfast using rice noodle. My sons suggested why not we have this for our breakfast. But now I did with bee hoon (rice vermicelli) instead.
It came out pretty well and retain the same taste as we did with idiyappam. So those without string hoppers, in case of emergency, make your favorite dish using rice vermicelli. Using evaporated milk but coconut milk will make it taste even better. For vegetarian can omit the eggs.
Here is the recipe for this hearty breakfast or quick dinner.
SWEET & SAVORY BEE HOON
Serves 2- 3 servings
150g dry bee hoon soaked
3 eggs (optional)
2 Onion chopped
2 green chili sliced
2 red chili sliced
1 tsp mustard seed
1/2 cup hot water
3/4 cup evaporated milk
salt and sugar to taste
3 tbsp vegetable oil
2 sprig curry leaf
4 tbsp raisin
* Soak bee hoon for 1 hour. Drain.
* Heat the oil, add in mustard seed fry until it crackles. Put in onion, curry leaves, green chili and red chili, fry until fragrant.
* Keep aside this mixture, add come more oil, add in eggs, let it sets and brake into small pieces.
* Add the bee hoon and hot water, stir until the water is absorbed.
* Now add the milk and sugar to taste. Stir for few more minutes until well mixed.
* Remove, sprinkle raisin and serve hot.
My new found friend, Ginger @superstinkyboys has passed the following award. Thanks so much dear for your kind thought. Do drop by her site to find out more about craft ideas, fun family stories, quick gift, comic relief and many more.
I'm sharing this award with all my blogger friends. Please collect and post on your blog.
view my recipes