One of the easiest snack you can prepare when your're really hungry. It barely takes a few minutes to whip up. It is great served for your late night or afternoon snack or even breakfast.
These bars are much healthier than what you can easily find in the store but the best part is you are able to choose what to add in as per your preference or according to what's currently available in your pantry.
This time chopped almonds are used but next time shall try sunflower seed, sesame seed, cashew or peanut instead. They also smell great while baking. If you prefer sweeter bars use 3/4 cup of sugar.
OATMEAL NUT SQUARES
1 C rolled oat
1/2 C sugar
1/4 C melted butter
1/2 C chopped nut
1/4 C milk
1/2 C all purpose flour
pinch of salt
oil to grease the pan
* Preheat oven @ 175 C, line 8 x 8 in baking sheet with parchment paper and coat with oil.
* In a mixing bowl, combine oat, sugar, salt, nut and flour.
* Gradually add milk and butter, stir well.
* Press evenly onto prepared pan , bake 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
* Remove from oven and cut into squares while still warm.
* Cool completely on wire rack.