LABRLS




Wednesday, March 2, 2011

PRAWN BALCHAO

Prawm Balchao Recipe @ treatntrick.blogspot.com


After checking the net for prawn recipes, I was attracted to this Prawn Balchao since it has unique name and something I never heard before. This  is a classic Goan recipe using dry chili and vinegar as its ingredients.

Prawn Balchao can be served as appetizer  or a side dish with plain boiled rice or mildly spiced pulao. Since it contains vinegar, it will stay well in the fridge for up to a week.

My family really love this spicy and tangy dish, it is best suited for spicy food lovers.

Prawm Balchao Recipe @ treatntrick.blogspot.com



PRAWN BALCHAO
Adapted from Sanjeev Kapoor

600 g prawn shelled
2 Onion chopped
4 Tomato chopped
2 T sugar or to taste
3/4 C oil
salt to taste

BLEND
12 dry chili soak to soften
2 in ginger
15 garlic
10 cloves
2 in cinnamon
1 tsp mustard seed
1 C malt vinegar

METHOD

Add salt to the cleaned prawn. Fry prawn with little oil  and remove. Using the same pan, fry the onion until light brown. Add in tomato and salt, cook until soft. Add blended spices , fry for 3 minutes. Add prawn and sugar, fry for another 5 minutes till oil separates from the spices. Serve hot with bread or rice.

Linking to  One Dish Meal


Connect with me:

FACEBOOK /   INSTAGRAM /   YOU TUBE /     YOU TUBE   /      RSS    /     EMAIL  
 GOOGLE+  /  TWITTER  /  PINTEREST

36 comments:

Trying To Be Muslim.. said...

My fav seafood...:)....craving for some.....ergh..butterflies in me....adeh!!

priya said...

looks so yummy and delicious

Priyanka said...

Looks very yummy :)

Ila said...

Looks absolutely delicious :)

Indian Khana said...

Looks yum...gravy looks nice

Jaisy James said...

looks yummy

Suman Singh said...

Gravy looks so spicy and delish! great recipe!

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Mouthwatering gravy...

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Mrs K said...

Super duper yummy,I would make it 100% I love spicy and tangy food,it just makes me come alive and I am such a sucker for anything that looks red and tastes as good as you describe this dish to be:)

Sushma Mallya said...

Lovely photo looks absolutely delicious I ha tried this sanjeev kspoor's rec too long back:)

divya said...

Simple delicious and fabulous looking prawns balchao,beautiful clicks..

Suja Manoj said...

Love Goan dishes,prawns curry looks really inviting,spicy and tangy,thanks for sharing dear.

Nuccio Gatto said...

Impazzirei ad avere davanti un piatto così...complimenti.

Swathi said...

Delicious and colorful dish, love it. it has all the flavors.

Sarah Naveen said...

Looks so delicious...yumm yumm!!

Torviewtoronto said...

this would finish so fast looks fabulous

Deepti said...

Thats a new recipe for me...Looks great
http://www.panchamrutham.blogspot.com/

Tahemeem said...

Thats a new recipe to me and looks amazing :)

Saji said...

Wow luks superb

Plateful said...

Simply mouthwatering! Love anything prawns :)

Reshmi Mahesh said...

They look so tempting....your pics make them more delicious..

FunWidFud

Rachu said...

wow.. nice goan dish.. spicy and tangy
ammaandbaby.blogspot.com/

Zareena said...

Hmmm.. I love prawns a lot. this is a new recipe to me. I bookmarked this. Usually with prawns I make fry or masala. I loved this version.

Medeja- CranberryJam said...

I love such spicy prawn dishes :) they always taste very good

Unknown said...

love ur prawns a lot so rich and creamy.

aipi said...

Look at the gorgeous color..tangy n spicy dish!!


US Masala

thecoffeebreak said...

This dish would be perfect for weekend lunch, a real treat :)

Cakewhiz said...

Your recipes always make my mouth water and this one is no exception either! Hehe. So spicy!

Tanvi@Sinfully Spicy said...

Very colorful.I love prawn with almost anything.This recipe is a keeper.

MyCorrie said...

Superb! Can't wait to try this one. Thanks for posting such!

Valarmathi Sanjeev said...

Love prawns, looks lovely and yummy.

Angie's Recipes said...

I would love some of your saucy prawns with the steamed rice that I just made. :-))

Usha said...

Looks delicious!

Eleonora said...

love it, I love prawns.
thank you very much for your recipe!
good luck!

p.s. very nice blog, congratulations!

kitchensnippets said...

this is lit♨️...mouth watering😍

The Lazy Gastronome said...

Sounds delicious! And the sauce looks so rich - Thanks for sharing at the What's for Dinner party. Hope your weekend is fabulous.