LABRLS




Monday, June 6, 2011

CHAR KWAY TEOW

Noodle Recipe  @ http://treatntrick.blogspot.com

Char Kway Teow is a famous hawker food found in Malaysia, Brunei, Indonesia and Singapore. It is made from flat rice noodle, stir fried with light and dark soy sauce.

During olden days, char kway teow is labelled as "unhealthy" due to its high saturated fat content mainly to serve the labourer as their cheap source of energy and nutrients. As this dish has become increasingly popular, the latest version of this noodle is much healthier, free from lard but using cooking oil and more vegetables. You can add almost anything from seafood, meat or chicken to them.

Connect with me:

FACEBOOK /   INSTAGRAM /   YOU TUBE /     YOU TUBE   /      RSS    /     EMAIL  

 GOOGLE+  /  TWITTER  /    PINTEREST 

CHAR KWAY TEOW
Serves   :    5

500 g flat fresh rice noodle
140 g bean sprout/ green peas
4 cloves garlic chopped
15 prawn shelled and deveined
80 g fish cake sliced

SEASONING
2 TB light soy sauce
2 TB oyster sauce
1 tsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp sweet soy sauce
2 TB chili paste or to taste
2 TB cooking oil
TB  =  tablespoon

METHOD

Heat the oil in a wok, add in garlic and chili paste, fry until fragrant.

Add in prawn and fish cake, fry until cooked. Pour in noodle, peas and the seasoning, stir until well combined.

Remove from heat, transfer onto a plate to serve.


35 comments:

Indian Khana said...

Looks yum ...I like the veggie version of this

Kerull said...

Salam Sis..wow..syoknya kalau makan when its still hot..in rainy day..mabeles..

Cendana Kasih said...

wow..my favorite food. Despite being on a diet, but I will not be rejected if this char kuetiau in front of my eyes

Unknown said...

looks mouthwatering....

Suparna said...

new to me...thanks for the recipe :P looks tasty.

Priya Suresh said...

Delicious and irresistible noodles..

Suman Singh said...

Name of the dish sounds new to me but the ingredients looks familiar..must try this sometimes..looks YUM!

Medeja- CranberryJam said...

It looks delicious and exotic :)

Ramya said...

Oo yum yum..I am a big lover of the Kway Teow:-)
A bit hard to find the veggie version in food courts here ..I will definitely try it soon:-)

Hamaree Rasoi said...

nice name ...good to see a different variety of noodle

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Julie said...

yum yum recipe n d name too..Thanx for sharing!

Kim said...

ooo thanks for the background info! i think they use the same rice noodles in a chinese dish called "drunken noodles"! it's very popular!

♥♥azatiesayang ♥♥ said...

salam...dah lama x masak kueteow nie...kena cari gak bila dah trliur kat sini..hihi

Ila said...

Its new recipe for me :) wonderful and looks delicious :) Thanks for ur warm welcome as well :)

Suja Manoj said...

Yum yum looks absolutely delicious.

Sarah Naveen said...

That sounds yummy and looks so tempting :)

Sobha Shyam said...

interesting name...looks very delicious..

Juliana said...

I love the texture of the flat rice noddles...this looks yummie with the fish cake and shrimps. Have a great week ahead :-)

divya said...

Slurp !! Awesome recipe.

Tiffany said...

Delicious! This is one of my favorite noodles ... the same noodle in Pad See Eew!

Plateful said...

This looks soooo delicious! I heart pasta, my kids too. I keep saying this -- why do you have to live so far away?!!

TinaRBK said...

I have never even seen or tasted a flat rice noodle-but this sure looks delicious! I will need to try it-especially the noodles because I imagine that they are much lighter than egg noodles. Thanks for sharing.

Binitha said...

I wonder how it's pronounced...but sure looks yumm!!

Namitha said...

That should be a great meal

Unknown said...

interesting to learn about foods sold on the streets of Malaysia etc :) I love that dish without the prawns :)

Unknown said...

wahh ni memang my fav ni kak....sedap ni kasi xtra cili lagi sedap...hehe

Unknown said...

Look so colourful fish and prawns in it looks so good!!

kankana said...

I remember eating similar dishes when i was in Malaysia for a trip. I should try making this sometime at home. Looks yummy :)

Urmi said...

Looks spicy, yummy and tempting.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A delicious looking dish! Yummy.

Cheers,

Rosa

Zareena said...

Yummy, lovely and excellent.

Shirley said...

Yum! My favorite Malaysian noodle dish.

Sahasra Recipes said...

Different and innovative. Thanks for sharing.
Visit my space in your free time.
Am your follower. If you follow back, i will be so happy.

Sanoli Ghosh said...

Loved this flat noodles with shrimps. Yummy and great!

today's post:
http://sanolisrecipies.blogspot.in/2013/04/microwave-spicy-okra-bhindi-masala.html

Joanne said...

That looks delicious!