If you have some over ripened bananas and you are going to throw them out, you don't need to do it. Why not turn those banana into yummy cookies.
The recipe below is so easy to prepare within a short span of time. It uses mashed banana, butter, flour and toasted sesame seeds for added crunch to the cookies. You can also add chopped walnut, almond or peanut if you want. The sugar is much reduced since the natural sugar in the banana makes it sweet enough.
These cookies turned out so moist and tender on the inside but slightly crisp on the outside. They are palatable to everyone with real taste of banana.
BANANA BUTTER COOKIES (EGGLESS)
Yield : 30 cookies
- 1+ 1/2 self rising flour
- 1/4 C melted butter
- 1/4 C mashed banana
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 C toasted sesame seeds/chopped nuts
- Place melted butter in a bowl, stir in sugar, vanilla extract and banana.
- Add in flour and sesame seeds, combine and forms into soft dough.
- Roll into small balls and flatten slightly with a fork and place onto baking sheet. Preheat oven @ 160 C.
- Bake for 20 minutes, allow cookies to cool on the tray for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.