LABRLS




Sunday, March 9, 2014

POTATO PANCAKE

Potato Pancake Recipe @ treatntrick.blogspot.com


A fried flat cake of grated potato with onion and freshly ground black pepper. Treat yourselves to a delicious and  easy breakfast that was less spiced and much reduced fat.

After peeling the potato, soak then in water to avoid discoloration. Had  used my hand grater but food processor works fine.

This is an egg free version. The most important factor for perfect Potato Pancake was controlling the heat, high heat will make them browned so quickly but the center was uncooked. Mine done using medium heat.

These were surprisingly perfect.  Potato Pancake  are best served  hot and fresh immediately after you  have fried them.

Connect with me:

FACEBOOK /   INSTAGRAM /   YOU TUBE /     YOU TUBE   /      RSS    /     EMAIL  

 GOOGLE+  /  TWITTER  /    PINTEREST 



POTATO PANCAKE
Yield      :    7 pancake

2 russet potato grated
1 big onion sliced
2 tablespoon corn flour
salt and black pepper to taste
oil for shallow frying
1-2 tablespoon water from drained potato


METHOD

Peel the potato, put into cold water.

Using a hand grater or food processor, coarsely grate the potato.  Squeeze out the water as much as you can.

Combine potato, onion, corn flour, salt and black pepper in a mixing bowl. If too thick, add 1-2 tablespoons of water from drained  potato.

Heat a non stick pan,  lightly coat with oil.

Scoop 1/4 cup of the potato in the palm of your hand, shape into round and flatten slightly.

Place the pancake on the pan, fry for a few minutes until golden.

Flip the pancake over and brown the other side.

Remove to paper towel to drain. Serve hot.

Potato Pancake Recipe @ treatntrick.blogspot.com


  

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks really yummy!

Anonymous said...

looks yummy!

Sangeetha Nambi said...

Kids delight !

Unknown said...

Delicious pancakes, this is new to me....

Unknown said...

Yummmmy

easyfoodsmith said...

Looks like I have been thinking aloud...I had planned for potato pancakes for my next post :P

I love potato pancakes and I feel like grabbing them off the screen :D

Suhaina said...

Thats a wonderful recipe. So simple yet fillig.. yummm

Unknown said...

Delicious pancakes......... !!!

Priya Suresh said...

Can have this potato pancakes just with some ketchup.yummy..

Unknown said...

love these, they're so moreish!

Winnie said...

These are great and very traditional here.

Choc Chip Uru @ Go Bake Yourself said...

What a lovely simple recipe, savoury pancakes at their best :)

Cheers
Choc Chip Uru

Katerina said...

Although I try to refrain from frying for diet purposes, I love all these fritters and I enjoy them whenever they are served to me. They look delicious!

Heather {Woods of Bell Trees} said...

Mmmm I love potato pancakes, I haven't had them in years! Looks like I will be making them soon! Thank!

Jess said...

I love these types of recipes! Yum!

Thanks for joining the Link Up this week!

Deepti said...

Pancakes are recent favorite for my toddler and this would definitely make him happy!

Accidentally Wonderful said...

Oh, I love potato pancakes! It'd be great if you'd link this up at my blog party going on now! http://accidentallywonderful.blogspot.com/2014/03/accidentally-wonderful-wednesday-8.html

Morsels of Life | CJ Huang said...

These potato pancakes look like a tastier version of hash browns! Please stop on by and share with us at Five Friday Finds. :)

Adelina Priddis said...

I've always made my potato pancakes out of mashed potatoes. This sounds like a great new take on them! Thanks for sharing it at Foodie Friday

Anonymous said...

Very simple and easy to make best thing is that they are low spiced :-) thanks for sharing <3

Valerie said...

Mmmm!! Thank you for sharing at the Saturdau Blog Hop. :D

Queen Mom Jen said...

I love potato pancakes. We always get them at the fair and I have never tried them before. I love your recipe and just pinned it so I can now. My kids would love it!

Adorned From Above said...

These look delicious

Deborah Davis said...

I'm delighted to discover your delectable recipe for Potato Pancakes. I can't wait to try this and other yummy recipes on your blog.

Thank you so much for sharing this healthy and delicious recipe on the Healthy, Happy, Green & Natural Blog Hop! I appreciate it!

Susan@Organized31 said...

What is it about potato pancakes? They are so yummy and such a great comfort food. Thanks for sharing at Inspire Us Thursday on Organized 31.

Anonymous said...

Nora,
Thanks for linking up to last week's #GetHimFed Friday. I'm featuring your post this week. Can't wait to see what you bring this week.
Annamaria

Ann said...

Yum! True comfort food....Thank you for sharing at Party In Your PJ's.

The Lazy Gastronome said...

Thanks for sharing at the What's for Dinner party!! Hope your week is wonderful!