Having cornflakes with milk are a regular affair for morning breakfast. This time I intend to transform this favorite cereal into a quick and yummy treat for the whole family.
It's a simple mix and bake recipe. This Cornflakes Cake uses cornflakes that can be crushed by hand or use your rolling pin to do the job, either way you choose is fine.
You probably want to serve this as a grab and go breakfast for your kids. Simply bake this in a muffin pan for 15-20 minutes and get their favorite cereal turns into a muffin.
In case you're running out of buttermilk use yogurt instead.
This Cornflakes Cake is sweet, easy to grab and tasty, sure to start your day off on a right foot.
Other breakfast recipes you should try:
Healthy Oatmeal Banana Cookies
Cornflakes Crisp Bars
Apple & Raisin Scones
CORNFLAKES CAKE RECIPE
Yield : One x 8 in round cake
1//4 cup butter melted
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup white/brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups cornflakes roughly crushed
2-3 tablespoon chocolate chip for topping (optional)
1. Preheat oven @ 180 C and lightly grease 8 in cake pan.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat egg, melted butter, sugar, buttermilk and vanilla essence until well combined.
3. Fold in flour, baking powder and roughly crushed cornflakes. Stir well.
4. Scoop the mixture into prepared pan, spread evenly.
5. Sprinkle the top with chocolate chips (optional) and lightly press them with your finger.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
7. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before slicing.
Connect with me:
FACEBOOK / PINTEREST / YOU TUBE / YOU TUBE / RSS / EMAIL
GOOGLE+ / TWITTER