Have you tried making brownies with beans? This might not sound appetizing but give it a try, you'll not be disappointed!
Mostly they used black bean but this isn't available in my pantry so make use of dried green bean aka mung bean. You have to soak the bean overnight, they will expand in volume and easily get 1 1/2 cup of green bean after soaking. Rinse and drain then process them into thick paste.
Since this Green Bean Brownies is gluten free, have used chick pea and ground rolled oat but if you have no issue about wheat in your diet, half cup of plain flour and 1/4 cup of corn flour can be used.
Also mashed banana can be replaced with 1/3 cup of pumpkin puree or mashed sweet potato.
These Green Bean Brownies are rich in fiber and protein but surprisingly no one can tell that it was made with green bean.
My family loved them and wanted more after eating them.
GREEN BEAN BROWNIES GF
Servings : 10
3/4 cup dried green bean soaked overnight
1/2 cup chick pea flour
1/4 cup rolled oat ground
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 medium banana mashed
3/4 cup sugar or palm sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
4.5 tablespoon oil or melted butter
1. Rinse green bean then drain. Process in a food processor to become paste.
2. Preheat oven @ 180 C and grease 8 In cake pan.
3. Whisk together both flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder.
4. Add in green bean paste, banana, oil/butter and vanilla extract.
5. Stir until well incorporated.
6. Pour into prepared pan and spread evenly Bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
7. Cool in pan 10 minutes, transfer onto rack to cool.
Connect with me:
FACEBOOK / YOU TUBE / YOU TUBE / RSS / EMAIL / GOOGLE+ / TWITTER