A very blessed Eid to you and family, to those celebrating. May you be showered with joy and happiness!
This year am not making any heavy preparation since I had just recovered from my illness. I picked up agar agar powder to prepare this Broken Glass Jelly.
This is the simplest dessert you can make without much effort but still looks terrific. What I did was mixing the agar agar powder with sugar in a deep pot until the agar agar is dissolved. Bring to boil over low heat, stirring all the time.
And now this is a fun part. Divide into 4 parts. Mix 3 parts with your favorite color and leave the balance as it is. Let them set , now you can cut the colored parts into cubes and place them in a 9 in tray. Mix them altogether.
Heat the non colored part over low heat, add milk. Remove from heat, pour this mixture over the tray filled with colored cubes. Cool slightly, place the tray in a refrigerator to set fully.
BROKEN GLASS JELLY
10 g white agar agar powder
250 g white sugar
1 liter water
3 tablespoon condensed milk
3 different color of food coloring
1. Dissolve agar agar powder in one liter of water, stir well.
2. Add sugar, stir and bring to boil over low heat.
3. Remove from heat, rinse 3 containers, place 1 1/4 cup of agar agar on each container, add coloring to each, stir until well mixed. Chill in a refrigerator..
4. Rinse 9 in tray, cut into cubes for the colored parts. Place them in a tray, mix altogether.
5. Heat the plain part, add the condensed milk. Remove and pour this over the colored cubes.
6. Cool slightly and let it set in a refrigerator. Cut into desired sizes to serve.
Connect with me:
FACEBOOK / YOU TUBE / YOU TUBE / RSS / EMAIL / GOOGLE+ / TWITTER