This was made with lontong (rice cake) and flavored with blended chili, onion, sauces and chicken.
A versatile dish, it can adapted to suit your preference. For instance the add in of vegetables can be bean sprouts, mustard green, cabbage or bok choy. You can opt for prawn of minced meat instead of chicken..
Lontong Goreng is suitable to serve as breakfast or for lunch as well. Nowadays lontong was readily available from supermarket 24/7 .
Adjust the sauces and chili paste to season the Lontong Goreng the way you like it. For those who can't get hold of rice cake at you place, replace it with cooked noodle or spaghetti.
Other breakfast recipes to check out: :
Microwave Bread Pudding
Egg Free French Toast
Roti John (Asian French Toast)
LONTONG GORENG aka FRIED RICE CAKE
Serves : 5-6
500 g lontong (rice cake) cubed
2-3 tablespoon chili paste
1 onion chopped
3 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp ginger paste
250 g chicken boneless cubed
1 tomato chopped
2 tablespoon tomato sauce
1 tablespoon sweet soy sauce
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
2 eggs beat lightly
3 tablespoon cooking oil
1 cup bean sprout or cabbage finely sliced
Fried onion for garnish
* Heat oil, fry onion, garlic and ginger until fragrant. Add blended chili, tomato, salt and the sauces, stir for 2 minutes.
* Add the chicken and fry until chicken is cooked. Add the cubed rice cake.
* Push ingredients to the side of pan, add more oil if needed, pour the eggs into the middle and let eggs cook.
* Mix with the other ingredients, stir well. Remove from heat.
* Garnish with fried onion at the time of service.
Connect with me:
FACEBOOK / PINTEREST / YOU TUBE / YOU TUBE / RSS / EMAIL
GOOGLE+ / TWITTER