Wednesday, January 12, 2011
There is nothing more comforting on a cold day than pulling a fresh baked bread from the oven. I just can't resist baking them be it just plain or sweet bread.
After searching for chocolate bread on net, decided the bake this bread with slight modification from the original recipe. Used all purpose flour instead of bread flour and increased the amount of butter to 2 tablespoons. Despite these changes the bread turned fantastic. I just love the texture and taste. It is great with hot coffee of chai.
Yield : One loaf
2 1/4 C bread flour
1 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
1/4 C warm water
1/2 C plus 2 T warm milk
3 T unsweetened cocoa
1/2 tsp salt
2 T melted butter
1/4 chocolate chip
1/4 c sugar
* Combine yeast, warm water and 1 teaspoon sugar in a small bowl. Let sit for 10 minutes or until frothy.
* Place 1 1/4 cup flour, sugar, salt, butter, cocoa, yeast mixture and milk in a mixer. Beat until well blended using medium speed. Add in remaining flour.
* On floured board, knead dough until elastic about 10 minutes. Add in chocolate chip during last 2 minutes.
* Place dough in an oiled bowl and covered for 1 hour.
* Punch dough down, knead lightly and roll out dough into rectangle. Roll up dough, jelly roll style, pinch ends to seal and seam side down in a greased loaf pan. Let rise 45 minutes.
* Bake 30 minutes in a preheated oven @ 170 C. Transfer and cool on rack.
Linking to Yeastspotting-1-14-11
view my recipes