This is my version of healthy and not so rich fruit cake but excellent taste. Now I'm using hot tea but you can also opt for hot milk that also works well with this recipe.
For mixed dry fruit, it can easily be replaced with dried cranberries, apricot or prunes, make sure you cut them into small pieces. No worries if you have no time to soak the fruit, you still can go ahead to cook them.
If you are having unexpected guest, this is great a treat for them which is so easy and takes less time to prepare. Hope you will enjoy this as much as we do.
1 C rolled oat
1 C all purpose flour
1 C dry fruit mix
1 C hot tea/milk
3/4 C sugar
2 T melted butter
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
* Soak fruit mix in hot tea for 15 minutes. Grease your 7 in pan.
* Preheat oven @ 170 C. Sift flour and baking powder.
* In a mixing bowl, place flour, salt, oat and sugar.
* Now the dry fruit mixture to the flour and mix until just combined.
* Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
* Cool on pan 10 minutes, transfer into rack to cool.
* Slice to serve.
Linking to Get Fit With Taste