I have baked several types of sweet bread but not this classic ones. Since I had all the ingredients in hand, without further delay I mixed the dough using rapid rise yeast. You can also use active dry yeast but this requires a step that you have to activate the yeast by dissolving the yeast and sugar in warm water, leave for 10 minutes or until frothy before adding them to the dough. For instant yeast you can directly add to the flour.
These were incredible ! So glad it was a huge hit with my family. Just eat on its own or slather with butter for your breakfast or in between snack.
Yield : One loaf
2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp instant yeast
3/4 tsp salt
2 tablespoon melted butter
1 cup warm water
2 tablespoon dry milk
1 1/2 tablespoon sugar
3/4 cup raisin
* Place water, sugar, yeast, dry milk, butter and salt in a mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly using a wooden spoon.
* Add the flour by cupful , mix well until a stiff dough is formed..
* Transfer dough onto floured board, knead for 10 minutes until smooth. Place dough into oiled and covered bowl, let rise for an hour.
* Punch the dough down, add in the raisin, mix well then shape into loaf and place onto greased loaf pan. Keep covered for 45 minutes.Preheat oven @ 180 C towards the end of rising time.
* Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the top is browned and the bottom sounds hollow when tapped with your finger, in a preheated oven.
* Brush with melted butter and transfer onto rack to cool.
* When completely cool, slice to serve.
Aspiring Bakers 5
Connect with me:
FACEBOOK / YOU TUBE / YOU TUBE / RSS / EMAIL