LABRLS




Tuesday, January 24, 2012

EGGLESS BRIOCHE

Eggless Brioche Recipe @ http://treatntrick.blogspot.com

This is a light and easy to make brioche recipe. The whole process is considerably shortened by eliminating  the sponge,  preliminary rising and chilling the dough. You can even use your bread maker to bake one.

Without much hassle, this dough turned just amazing as regular brioche but with less butter and without egg.  If you don't have  a brioche pan, the other alternative is to use your muffin cup,  they came out perfect!

Eggless Brioche Recipe @ http://treatntrick.blogspot.com


Eggless Brioche Recipe @ http://treatntrick.blogspot.com

EGGLESS  BRIOCHE
Yield     :     9 brioche

2  cup  all purpose flour
3  tablespoon castor sugar
100 g  softened  butter
1 1/2 tsp instant yeast
1/2 tsp salt
1/2  cup  milk
 1-2  tablespoon  milk if required
evaporated milk for topping

Eggless Brioche  Recipe @ http://treatntrick.blogspot.com


METHOD

Scald the milk and butter, mix in sugar and let cool until lukewarm.

Combine flour, yeast and salt in a mixing bowl.

Add in milk mixture to the flour and forms into soft dough. If it appears too dry add in milk by a tablespoon at a time.

Knead by hand for 10 minutes, transfer onto greased and covered bowl and let rise until double for 1-1 1/2 hours.

Punch the dough down, divide into 10 ball. Shape each  into smooth round ball, only use 9 balls. Brush each ball with evaporated milk.

Place the balls onto baking sheet. Shape remaining one ball into small balls. Make a deep indentation on each bigger ball, place the smaller one on top. Let rest for 45 minutes. Towards the end of rising time preheat the oven @ 180 C.

Bake the rolls for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Remove onto rack to cool.

Linking to  Yeastspotting 1-27-12

Connect with me:

FACEBOOK /     YOU TUBE /     YOU TUBE   /      RSS    /     EMAIL  /  GOOGLE+   /  TWITTER 

47 comments:

Mélange said...

Nice recipe there.Eggless version,I loved it.Thanks.

Haus of Style said...

OMG - that looks so fluffy and delicious! thanks for sharing.

hope you had a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how fluffy and delicious this looks without eggs! I can make this for alot of people - thank you so much :D
And beautiful blog!

Cheers
Choc Chip Uru

Puan Ros @ Sinaranmenu.blogspot said...

Kak nampak sedap tu...Lama tak sapa akak kan???

Prema said...

I am audited to ur goodies...Wonderful bake,perfect brioche...

Unknown said...

Puffy,spongy and delicious bread...

Priya Suresh said...

Seriously cant take my eyes from ur irresistible click,super tempting brioche.

Recipe world said...

Wow, they look so soft and pluffy!! Thanks for sharing the egg less version :)

Roshu said...

eggless version looks soo fluffy dear....

Wattie said...

Happy belated new year hehehe....
The brioche looks so cute, so soft n fluffy. Would like to try out this recipe oneday

Ramya said...

This has been in my todo list for a long time!! Urs looks perfect!!

Vimitha Durai said...

Looks so cute and soft... Nice one

kitchen queen said...

yummy and awesome.

Kalyani said...

looks perfect and delicious .....

Joanne said...

This brioche is gorgeous! Perfect crumb and perfect shiny crust!

Michelle @ The Willing Cook said...

These do look fantastic! I haven't made brioche for many years since my family has food allergies. This recipe gives me new hope!

With 4 other bloggers, I'm launching an allergy-free blog hop tomorrow. I'd love for you to share this recipe! Our readers would love it. You can find it at willingcook.com. Hope to see you there!

Aarthi said...

Nice recipe..bookmarked

Aarthi
http://yummytummy-aarthi.blogspot.com/

cookingvarieties said...

hi treat and trick, never seen this before, really something i wish to try out. thanks for sharing and have a nice day dear

Rosita Vargas said...

Bonita forma de comer brioche,lucen muy esponjosos abrazos hugs,hugs,

Sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and more said...

oh I finally tried a brioche this year, it had chocolate chips in it,I so have to try your recipe.

Simplyfood said...

These look wonderful .I am going to book mark and try.

Unknown said...

hello. I am a new follower from the blog hop.
Can you please follow me back?

http://countryliving-productreviews.blogspot.com

Julie said...

very lovely ,eggless version!!

Erivum Puliyum

Juliana said...

Wow, your brioche looks great, and healthy since there is no egg in it.
Hope you are having a wonderful week :-)

Shabitha Karthikeyan said...

Looks super good !! Never tried to bake something eggless sounds interesting !!

Sobha Shyam said...

perfectly baked and delicious..

Teressa Morris said...

Thank you for the recipe. It looks so yummy!!

Vidhya said...

This fluffy beauties look addictive.

Lady Behind The Curtain said...

I LOVE your recipe! Would you come over to CAST PARTY WEDNESDAY and share this yummy recipe with us?
Thanks,
I hope to see you there!
Sheryl
http://www.ladybehindthecurtain.com/?p=23007

Christy Gerald said...

Eggless n unique recipe.Done Perfectly delicious Dear.

Tessa Domestic Diva said...

So pretty! I lack the patience to make anything look so pretty, I am impressed! Thanks for sharing your idea on Allergy Free Wednesdays!

Kala said...

Looks so yummyyyyyyy ur a baking queen i say :)

Jonnique said...

Looks so yummy! I am your newest follower! Can you please post this link to my party at http://bell miracle.blogspot.com

Shylaja said...

Wow. That looks delicious. So many collection eggless recipes.. My God :-)

Gloria Baker said...

these brioches look absolutely georgeous!!!

Mindie Hilton said...

These look so yummy. If you ever want another place to link to, I have a weekly fri-monday lany. I wish I had a bread maker now.

Sarah Grace said...

That looks amazing! I need one. Now! :) Stopping by from Fun Stuff Fridays!

mjskit said...

What gorgeous little brioches! The recipe looks quite easy for a non-baker like me. It also looks like a very tasty yeast bread. It's been saved!

Winnie said...

Beautiful looking brioche!
I love baking brioche (love the buttery taste) but never thought to try without the eggs.
Wonderful idea - love it!

VintageMom said...

Looks scrumptious! Would you like to link up to my Allergy Friendly Lunchbox Love link party?

http://allergyfreecookery.blogspot.com/2012/01/allergy-friendly-lunchbox-love-18.html

I can't think of anyone who wouldn't want to find these in their lunchbox :)

Lisa @ Allergy Free Vintage Cookery

Yin said...

It has been a while not baking new bread. You have just gave me new recipe to try out. Thanks for sharing.
Yin

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Ok, i was skeptical at first. But oh my god! I used your recipe and it has come out so yummy n soft!! My sister is allergic to eggs but loves baked stuff, and am so happy cuz she will love this..mine came out just as yours in the pic but less shiny..

Julia Sevin said...

I doubled this & substituted the dairy (almond milk & water instead of milk, Earth Balance instead of butter) in order to make THE BEST king cake I've ever made, and the first that was totally vegan. Bless you!

Sandra Lee said...

Brioche is on my baking challenge list and I'm looking forward to trying your recipe.

The Lazy Gastronome said...

You make this look so easy! My brioche never looked that good! Thanks for sharing at the What's for Dinner party!

Chalking Up Success said...

We all love brioche in our house so I'm looking forward to trying out this recipe on the family!