With the temperature rising, it's time for a refreshing dessert. made of agar agar. This low calorie agar2 is derived from natural water soluble fiber with no fat or starch.
Coconut Cream Agar is simple to prepare and much healthier than the egg and cream type. What you need is to stir the mixture of agar2 powder, sugar and coconut milk until boiling and thicken, pour into your favorite mould and once it comes to room temperature place them in a refrigerator to chill.
Beside coconut milk, you can add canned fruit, corn, cocoa or even fruit juice to the jelly, the choice is endless, just use your imagination to explore this versatile dessert.
COCONUT CREAM AGAR / AGAR2 SANTAN
Yield : 12
12 g agar2 powder
1 liter water
230 g sugar (I used orange colored sugar)
200 ml coconut cream
food coloring if needed
* Dissolve the agar2 powder with one liter of water in a deep pot.
* Add sugar and bring to boil, stirring constantly, add a drop of food coloring if needed, mixed well.
* Now add the coconut cream and bring to boil again.
* Pour into rinsed jelly mould and let them come to room temperature.
* Place the jelly in a refrigerator to cool.
* Serve cool.