Looking for something indulgent to satisfy a sweet tooth? Look what I have baked today, this is what you might need. These homemade Coconut Bars are filled with soft and chewy coconut topping are a sheer delight.
You have an option to add an egg to the dough or go egg free, the choice is yours also for the jam you can choose whatever fruit jam you love.
You'll know it is done, when the edges and coconut topping turn slightly brown. Let cool in the pan before slicing into bars.
These Coconut Bars will bring a smile to the face of whomever you serve them for sure. Enjoy!
Yield : 16 bars
1.5 cups plain flour
125 g melted butter
2 tablespoon sugar
1 egg or 4-5 tablespoon milk
5-6 tablespoon fruit jam
1.5 cup grated coconut
1/4 cup sugar
4 tablespoon condensed milk
1. Grease lightly 19 x 29 cm slice pan. Preheat oven @ 175 C.
2. Combine topping ingredients, keep aside.
3. Add sugar, egg or milk to melted butter, stir well.
4. Pour butter mixture over dry ingredients, mix until it forms into soft dough.
5. Press dough into prepared pan using a plastic sheet.
6. Spread liberally with jam.
7. Cover base evenly with topping.
8. Bake until slightly golden for 20 minutes.
9. Cool completely in pan. Cut into squares to serve
Connect with me:
FACEBOOK / YOU TUBE / YOU TUBE / RSS / EMAIL / GOOGLE+ / TWITTER