Chocolate Almond (Cokdam) Cookies are deliciously simple to make yet elegant and tasty dessert or snack You might wonder what :cokdam" stand for. It's a short form for chocolate and badam (almond).
Some cookie dough needs minimal chill time in the fridge but these cookies are not required.
Highly recommended not making these Chocolate Almond (Cokdam) Cookies too thick and if possible make them almost the same size to ensure even cooking time. I used small cookie cutter and pleased with the result. I got about 100 cookies for the following recipe. Each time you use the cookie cutter, dip it first in flour so you will get beautifully shaped cookies without sticking.
Make sure the almond is finely chopped in order to get beautiful shape otherwise the dough tends to break when cutting them.
CHOCOLATE ALMOND (COKDAM) COOKIES
Yield : 100 cookies
Adapted from Mami Asmah Laili
350 g all purpose flour
250 g butter softened
150 g sugar powder
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
2 tablespoon nutella or other choc spread
120 g finely chopped almond
50 g cornflour
extra almond to decorate on top
* Sift together cornflour, cocoa and all purpose flour. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until creamy.
* Add in nutella, and almond, mix well.
* Gradually add in sifted ingredients (cornflour, cocoa and all purpose flour) and forms into pliable dough.
* Roll the dough between 2 plastic sheet, sprinkle chopped almond. Lightly press using rolling pin so the almond will stick to the dough.
* Using cookies cutter, cut out the dough and place them in baking sheet.
* Bake @ 160 C for 15 minutes. Remove and cool on wire rack.
* When completely cool, store in an airtight container.