LABRLS




Sunday, November 24, 2013

HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN CALZONE

Calzone Recipe @ http://treatntrick.blogspot.com


If you ask me what would be my favorite and easy to go meal, it  always be  calzone.  For those of you unfamiliar with calzone, they  are  actually stuffed pizza.

While you can certainly make your own dough, most people I know want something a little easier. The easiest solution was to use frozen pizza dough or  refrigerated biscuit dough that comes in a tube.

Using   my best pizza dough   recipe and stuffed with chicken, bell pepper, onion, tomato and spices, these turned out soft and chewy at the same time. These freeze well  so it is a great idea to make a large batch for another night.

Although this recipe calls for chicken,  you can  stuff with a variety of fillings.  For vegetarian, you can substitute chicken with more veggies with cheese.


How to make Chicken Calzone Recipe @ http://treatntrick.blogspot.com

HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN CALZONE
Serves  :    4-5

Calzone Recipe @ http://treatntrick.blogspot.com


DOUGH
3 cups all purpose flour
1.5 teaspoon instant yeast
5  tablespoon  melted butter
2 tablespoon  milk powder
2 tablespoon sugar
1 cup warm water
1 tsp salt
2 tablespoon warm water if needed

FILLING
250 g minced chicken/beef/lamb
2 big onion sliced
2 cloves garlic chopped
1/2 in ginger minced
2 tomato chopped
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 tablespoon chicken curry powder
1 large bell pepper thinly sliced
1 cup green peas
2 med potato cubed (optional)
2 tablespoon chopped cilantro
salt and sugar to taste
3 tablespoon oil
1/2  cup water
1 stick cinnamon
3 cardamom
3 cloves

METHOD FOR FILLING

Heat oil, add cinnamon, cloves, cardamoms and onion. Fry onion until it turns brown.

Add in ginger, garlic, curry powder and chili powder, fry until fragrant. Sprinkle water if it is too dry.

Now add the minced meat and tomato, fry for 1 minute.

Add bell pepper and 1/2 cup water, if using potato add  1 cup of water, bring to boil. Cover and cook until potato or bell pepper is soft, stirring in between.

Add  peas and continue to cook for 3-5 minutes.

Remove from heat, sprinkle with cilantro. Cool.

DIRECTION FOR DOUGH

Place flour, instant yeast, milk powder, sugar  and salt in a mixing bowl.

Now add  butter, warm water  to the dry ingredient, forms into soft dough.

Knead by hand for 5 minutes on floured board until smooth.

Transfer into oiled and covered bowl, let rise until double for 1-2 hours.

Degas the dough, divide into 7 equal balls

Calzone Recipe @ http://treatntrick.blogspot.com

.
Roll out each ball into 7 in round about 1/4 in thick.  Drop 2 tablespoon of filling  on one side of each circle of dough.  Fold the dough over the filling,   forming a half circle.  Complete the rest of the dough.


Calzone Recipe @ http://treatntrick.blogspot.com


Transfer onto prepared baking sheet. Crimp the edges and make 3 slits on the surface. Let sit for 30 minutes.

Bake for 20-25 minutes in a preheated oven @ 190 C until  golden brown.

Cool slightly and serve immediately.

Calzone Recipe @ http://treatntrick.blogspot.com


Connect with me:

FACEBOOK /   INSTAGRAM /   YOU TUBE /     YOU TUBE   /      RSS    /     EMAIL  
 GOOGLE+  /  TWITTER  /  PINTEREST

Top post on IndiBlogger, the biggest community of Indian Bloggers

59 comments:

Vickie @ makingoursustainablelife.com said...

Wow, you make it look so easy! I wonder, do I freeze them before or after cooking? I would love to make a bunch of these and put them in the freezer for a quick dinner on those crazy nights leading up to Christmas! Thanks for the recipe!

Simple Mama At Home said...

Looks delicious! I like that the ingredients are all natural and that it is all made from scratch including the dough. Doesn't seem too difficult to put together and oh doesn't it look so tasty.
Thank you for sharing!
Have a great day :)

Rafeeda AR said...

looks so appetising... i'm sure i would love to make this one time for dinner...

Nargis Aara said...

Lovely recipe :) thanks for sharing

Choc Chip Uru @ Go Bake Yourself said...

I want this, maybe a veggie version, but need this :D
The calzone looks impeccable!

Cheers
CCU

Beena said...

woow tempting calzone

Torviewtoronto said...

looks wonderful

Indrani said...

Reads tasty.

Roadside Rendezvous said...

Lovely blog... beautiful pics.. wud love to follow it...

mine is
http://rahularora98.blogspot.in/ incase you would like to take a peak

please feel free to leave any feedback ...

regards

Rahul

Happy Valley Chow said...

Those calzones look absolutely delicious! Great job :)

Happy Blogging!
Happy Valley Chow

Happy Valley Chow said...

Those calzones look absolutely delicious! Great job :)

Happy Blogging!
Happy Valley Chow

Rosita Vargas said...

Estoy babeando por una empanada de pollo se ve rica y linda forma,abrazos.

Amy said...

Your Chicken Calzone looks perfectly puffy and delicious. :) I adore calzone and drooling here seeing your gorgeous pictures.

Unknown said...

This looks like something quick and easy that the kids would devour. Thank you so much for sharing on Meandering Mondays! Hope that you have a great week!

Winnie said...

These look terrific!
No way I'm gonna use ready-made dough. The best is to make the dough myself :)

Faith said...

You mention potato in the directions but I don't see it listed. How much potato and how is it cut? Also, I'm guessing you remove the cinnamon, cloves, and cardamom before stuffing the calzones? The recipe sounds very good.

Unknown said...

I have always loved Calzone and have never made it. Thanks for sharing on the In and Out of the Kitchen Linky party!

Anonymous said...

That looks so delicious. I love a good calzone ; )

Sushma Mallya said...

Perfectly done calzone...looks so temtping...wish i could have it now

Unknown said...

These chicken calzones look delicious!

Von said...

I've always wanted to try calzone, but everytime, I end up making pizza because of everyone's requests haha....yours look amazing though! The filling looks so tasty!! Will definitely have to try one day ;)

Nilu A said...

Mmmm.. I loved all the ingredients used in the filling.. Will definitely try this out dear :-)

Katerina said...

I had to be Italian in my previous life because I love pizza and calzone! They look utterly delicious1

My Recent Favorite Books said...

These look delicious! =)

Micha @ Cookin' Mimi said...

Calzones are one of my favorite foods because there are so many varieties that it would be hard to get bored with them.

Turnips 2 Tangerines said...

Wonderful recipe!! So many great variations could be made with this recipe:) Thanks for sharing at Four Seasons Blog Hop~ Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

Adorned From Above said...

These look delicious. Thank you so much for sharing with Wednesday's Adorned From Above Link Party. Have a great week.
Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above
http://www.adornedfromabove.com

Katherines Corner said...

yes please!!! Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. ♥

Betsy @ Romance on a dime said...

MmmM - calzones! Love this. Thanks for linking up at Take it on Tuesday - hope to see you this week!!
~ Betsy @ Romance on a dime

Anonymous said...

very nice ! Hope his gonna be my next recipe. thanks for sharing dear ~

yung@foodyoo.com said...

Wow…this looks so nice. It seems like a giant size curry puff, but we deep fry curry puff, so it has a crispy crust, and the filling is curry chicken with boiled egg. :)

Love Bakes Good Cakes said...

Lovely pictures - makes me wish I was having this for dinner! I know my family would love these. Pinned - Thanks for linking up to Freedom Fridays :)

Sona - quick picks/pick quicks said...

yummy ! we jsut loves these baked sandwiches..they are called fathayers, here in the middle-east. and those with chicken are my kids fav.

Unknown said...

WoW Really Awesome Post Ever Thanks For Sharing I Am Going To Bookmark Your Site & Share With My Friends On Facebook And Twitter Thanks Ones Again

Ann said...

Love this recipe!! Pastry crust and meat!! :)

Unknown said...

This looks delicious! I want to make this sometime this week. Thanks for sharing at the Home Matters Party!

Teresa B said...

I love calzone too! I've made it with vegetables, with tuna, with ham...oddly, never with chicken, so I'll try this recipe for sure. Pinned to The Really Crafty Link Party board and also to my Food bard, because I want to go back to it really soon. Thank you for sharing!

Emily @ Two Purple Couches said...

This looks delicious! I like the different spices and flavors you used with the filling instead of making this an Italian-style calzone. Thanks for sharing with Merry Monday this week; I'm featuring your calzones at our upcoming party. I hope you'll stop by and link up again!

A Crafty Mix said...

The hubby loves his calzone, he says it's waaayyyy better than a pizza, something about the flavors are more intense. I need to try making some of these for him, they look delicious Nora

Unknown said...

I like that

Karren Haller said...

Thank you for sharing on OMHGWW last week, I have pinned to share. Great ingredients for this tasty calzon!!
Be sure to stop by and share again!!
Hope you enjoy your week!

Lydia from Lydia's Flexitarian Kitchen said...

Great recipe! It's good to know they freeze well since while it's easy to make a batch, it would be a challenge for the two of us to eat them before they lose quality.Thanks for sharing with us at Creatively Crafty. We've just started a Facebook group called Creatively Crafty Showcase and you're invited to join us! It's another way to share this post and just about anything creative plus we'll have opportunities to interact/support each other. You'll find us here http://bit.ly/2TL8Pli. Hope to see you soon!

janet said...

These look delish!

Kari Rogers Miller said...

Love your recipe and it reminds me a bit of my recipe for empanadas....which is almost the same thing but from a different country.
When I posted my recipe, I did some research and found that most countries have a form of calzone or empanada in their history.

thank you so much for linking up to our Celebrate Your Story link party. We hope we are providing a celebration of your post and perhaps yours will be chosen as a feature by one of the hosts.

Have a great and Blessed Day!
Kari @ Me and My Captain

The Lazy Gastronome said...

You make it look so easy - and delicious! Thanks for sharing at the What's for Dinner Party.

The Lazy Gastronome said...

Thanks for sharing at the What's for Dinner party.

Joanne said...

This sounds delicious! Pinned

Fluster Buster said...

We love making calzones, it's a great way to individualize the meal. Looking forward to trying your chicken calzones. Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us at the Creative Muster. Looking forward to seeing what you'll be sharing next week. Pinning!
Robin😊

Chas' Crazy Creations said...

Yum these sound delicious. Thanks for sharing - Pinned

My thrift store addiction said...

Oh yum! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

I love making - AND eating! - calzones, but I don't think I've ever made chicken calzones. They sound delicious. Pinning for future reference.

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

It's been too long since I've made calzones, and yours look perfect! What a great combination of flavors!

anneinthekitchen said...

These look delicious! I make calzones, but typically pizza or cheesy chicken. I love the idea of the filling you chose. Thank you for sharing!

Ann said...

These sound amazing. Thank you for sharing at Party In Your PJ's!

Michele Morin said...

What a delicious combination of flavors!

laurensparks.net said...

Sounds intriguing! I'm not sure if I could get motivated enough to make my own pizza dough, though! Visiting from the friendship friday blog hop.

Katie Mansfield said...

This looks delicious.

Donna @ Modern on Monticello said...

I am glad you shared this. I never realized how easy they are to make and will be adding them to my upcoming menu. Thanks for sharing every week. #HomeMattersParty

Karren Haller said...

Thank you for sharing on OMHGWW last week, I have pinned to share. Great ingredients for this tasty calzone!!
Be sure to stop by and share again!!
Hope you enjoy your week!♥