LABRLS




Sunday, February 14, 2010

OAT AND BANANA CAKE

Photobucket

In order to clear my over riped banana, I have baked this oat and banana cake. It is very simple and hardly take a few minutes to prepare. The best part is no major clean up involved, just use a whisk to incorporate all the ingredient.

Oat & Banana Cake turned out moist and flavorful. Already planning to bake them again next week. It can easily turn into muffin by adjusting the baking time and  using muffin pan.. Here is the recipe, hope you will enjoy it as much as we do.



OAT & BANANA CAKE
Yield  :    One loaf

1 and 1/2 cup plain flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup rolled oat
1/2 cup oil
3 bananas mashed
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup milk

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven at 180 C. Grease 7 inches cake pan.

2. Beat the sugar, oil, milk, essence, banana and salt until well blended.

3. Sift the flour and baking powder, add the oat, stir well.

4. Combine the dry and wet ingredients together until well incorporated.

5. Pour mixture onto greased pan and bake for 30-40 minutes until a skewer inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.

6. Cool on rack.

Connect with me:

FACEBOOK /   INSTAGRAM /   YOU TUBE /     YOU TUBE   /      RSS    /     EMAIL  
 GOOGLE+  /  TWITTER  /  PINTEREST

26 comments:

Nandinis food said...

It's soft and moisty! I love how the cake came out! Yummy yum! I'll try it!

Lady of Leisure said...

sedapnya... teringin nak buat cake but i dont have a mixer.. huhu..

Priya Suresh said...

Beautiful cake dear, looks too moist and spongy..definitely a guilt free cake..

Sushma Mallya said...

i havent tried making cake with oats, surely sounds good and must be really nice too ....lovely click and a very happy valentines day

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Lovely looking cake...

Simplyfood said...

The cake looks beautifully moist and soft.

Perspectivemedley said...

Hey nice cake!.. looks perfect:)

Gita Jaishankar said...

I too love banana cake...adding oats sounds so healthy and the cake is awesome :)

Love2cook Malaysia said...

Hi Sis, hru today??? Wow, ur cake makes me drool over n over! hehehe ;)

Pls don't torture me like this, pass me some! :D

Gouri Guha said...

First time here. Banana cake...looks good,will try it out.

gtyuk said...

that's a yummy banana cake, nice, moist and delicious!!!

Urmi said...

Banana cake looks soft, yummy and tempting. Wonderful recipe.

priya said...

hi dear,

There is an award waiting for u in my blog. Please accept it!!

PJ said...

Love the oat and banana cake, Rujuta! Perfect recipe for the v-day. Thanks for the last award too, I just acknowledged it on my blog :)

PJ said...

I think I am thinking ahead in future. The award post I mentioned was not for today, sorry for the confused last comment. Its just stupid of me =p

Renuka Bedre - Rao said...

Cake looks so soft n fluffy! awesome!!

s said...

it looks wonderfully moist and delectable!

Reeni said...

Banana cake is my favorite! This looks so very good - love it with oats too.

Vrinda said...

Healthy and yummy cake

Hayley said...

Heakthy and delicious cake!!congrats for your awards!!

TREAT AND TRICK said...

Thanks all for your lovely comments. Hope to see you all again......

Anisheetu said...

wow the cakes looking delicious... first time to your blog... u have a nice collection collection...

Kristen said...

I could almost call that cake healthy with all the good things in it. My kids would love it if I actually advocated eating cake!!

Treat and Trick said...

Kristen...Glad you like it, hope you will give it a try...

Anonymous said...

I love how this is another way to use up those pesky overripe bananas without making muffins! Thanks for sharing. :)

Brittany @ Real Sustenance said...

Yum!! Wanted to invite you to come share this recipe(and others) At Next weeks Seasonal Sunday which is a weekly event I host!
xo, Brittany