Wanted to bake muffin, checked my pantry and found a pack of red bean paste. So far never tried baking muffin with red bean.
Without further delay, mix up everything and substituted the milk with grape juice for a change. I'm very happy with this experiment, it turns beautifully and quite tasty too.
2 C all purpose flour
1/2 c sugar
1/2 melted butter
1 cup milk/grape juice
1/2 cup red bean paste
1/2 cup hot water
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla essence
* Preheat oven @ 180 C. Sift flour together with baking powder and baking soda.
* In a small bowl, combine red bean paste and hot water, mix well.
* Mix together sugar, butter, milk, essence and red bean paste until well incorporated.
* Gradually add the flour, stir until just combined.
* Pour into muffin pan which is lined with baking cases up to 3/4 full.
* Bake @ 180 C for 20 minutes or until the skewer inserted comes out clean.
* Remove and cool.
Hop To It
Say Hi Sunday
Show And Tell
Feature Yourself Friday
Its Hodgepodge Friday
Check- Me Out Saturday