Monday, November 8, 2010
Apple muffin, anyone? Since we had plenty of apples in the fridge and my son asking me to bake a muffin, I choose to make his favorite muffin. Not only it's so simple and easy but also ideal for lunch boxes, picnic or teatime treat.They are absolutely delicious and I bet you can't eat just one. The entire kitchen filled with amazing aroma when I'm baking them.
I'm adding only half a cup of sugar since using royal gala apples if not you can add a bit more depending on the tartness of the apple.
2 C all purpose flour
1/2 C sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 C milk
1/2 C melted butter
2 apples peeled and chopped
1 tsp vanilla essence
* Preheat oven @ 180 C. Line muffin pan with paper muffin cases.
* Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
* Combine melted butter and milk, pour onto dry ingredients, mix until just moistened, fold in the apple and vanilla, lightly stir.
* Pour into muffin cases 3/4 full, bake 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Leave on pan 5 minutes.
* Remove onto wire rack to cool.
Linking to Monthly Mingle With Fruits In Baking hosted by Deeba