LABRLS




Monday, March 28, 2011

MUSHROOM RICE


This is a simple and healthy one pot meal using mushroom. I used canned button mushroom but if you're using fresh mushroom cook it longer until it is cooked.. For basmati rice, soak for 30 minutes before cooking.

Adjust the spice level to your requirement. My family love this mildly spice and yummy rice.


MUSHROOM RICE
Serving  :    4-6

2  C  uncooked rice
2  Onion chopped
1  C   mushroom sliced
1  Tomato chopped
2 green chili slit
2  tsp  chili powder
1/4  tsp turmeric powder
1  tsp fresh ginger paste
1  tsp garam masala
3 garlic chopped
1 in cinnamon
salt to taste
2 cloves
2  T oil/ ghee
coriander leaves
4  C water

METHOD

*  Heat the oil, fry cinnamon, cloves, add the sliced onion, fry until light brown.

*  Add the ginger, garlic, green chili and tomato, cook until tomato turns soft.

*  Now add the chili powder, turmeric, garam masala and salt, cook until oil separates.

*  Add the mushroom, stir until well coated and cooked.

*  Pour the cleaned rice and 4 cups of water, cook until water evaporates.

*  Using low heat simmer and covered for 10 minutes until rice is almost done. Sprinkle with coriander leaves

*  Serve hot.





36 comments:

Indian Khana said...

Yum...too bad I don't like mushroom :(

Unknown said...

wah sedapnya mushroom rice ni kak....menarik resepi bubuh mushroom tu..sure sedap kan..lapar lak rasa tgk nasi ni..hehe

Prema said...

iam a gr8 fan of mushroom,sure will try this rice...

Jaisy James said...

nice reci[pe looks delicious. i like mushroom very much

Roxan said...

I really love that this dish is a meal in and of itself! This is perfect for me and my husband... I could eat this rice, and then make a light protein on the side for my husband.

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Loved the Mushroom preparation dear. Looks yummy and inviting.

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Jeyashris Kitchen said...

interesting rice

Suja Manoj said...

Love mushroom rice,this looks super delicious.

Indian Cuisine Blogroll said...

yummy mushroom rice..

aipi said...

my kiddo loves this rice- looks delish :)

US Masala

Ila said...

looks awesome and tempting :)

Unknown said...

Love the mushroom biriyani.so flavourful and healthy too.

Unknown said...

Healthy and awesome clicks

Vidhya said...

Loved this one pot meal.

Priya Suresh said...

Wonderful looking one pot meal,delicious..

Panchpakwan said...

Delicious and falvorful rice..

divya said...

Looks delicious...mouthwatering...thanks for sharing.

Swathi said...

Mushroom rice looks delicious. love it.

Torviewtoronto said...

flavourful rice looks good

Sushma Mallya said...

My family loves mushroom, this looks delicious and inviting:)

Amy said...

This sounds delicious! I have been craving something similar to this, and I have most of the ingredients, so I will have to try it :)!

Kankana said...

I too make this dish a lot. Such an easy and savory recipe. I would like it if you share this dish with Hearth and Soup Hop. Visit my post to link :) Thanks!

Trying To Be Muslim.. said...

MMM flavorful rice dear....and I always love mushroom..and cili api tu....:)

Angie's Recipes said...

I love mushrooms! This is the rice exactly for me!

Binys Recipes said...

great for lent time......

laxsupermom said...

Yum! Love mushrooms, and this sounds so tasty! Thanks for sharing.

Sunitha said...

Give me mushrooms in anything.. I love it!

Sarah Naveen said...

That looks so perfect n yumm!!

Lee said...

Okay, I voted. And may the Force be with you.
I love this mushroom rice. First time see something like this. Looks delicious!
Anymore left? Ha ha.
Have fun and keep well, Lee.

Mari in Cucina said...

Good Luck! =)

Medeja- CranberryJam said...

I love rice dishes! What mushrooms were you using?

Treat and Trick said...

Medeja....I'm using canned button mushroom, you can also opt for fresh ones if available...

Sneha Benny said...

What a nice one - pot meal. Looks so perfect and yum !!!

Unknown said...

Looks yummy and inviting.

Gillian said...

Looks delicious, and I'm going to attempt to vote. Hopefully, it works out!

Newly following through the Relax & Surf Sunday Hop!

Baby Talk without the Babble

Federica said...

I'm sorry for the delay! Thanks for participating, the recipe is perfect for the contest. I love mushrooms and I like the the combination with all these spices very much. Your risotto looks very good. Good luck, see you soon