These are fantastic rolls and a tasty companion to many a meal. I made a trial batch, they disappeared in no time. Another tip is, instead of using more flour, grease your hand with butter that makes shaping such a breeze. They are perfect if you need fresh home made rolls in a snap.Yummy!
DINNER ROLLS IN ONE HOUR
Adapted from Great Holiday Baking Book by
2 1/2 C all purpose flour
2 1/4 tsp instant yeast
5 T dry milk
2 T sugar
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 C warm water
3 T melted butter
2 T EVOO ( I use vegetable oil)
* Mix flour, yeast,milk, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl.
* Add water and oil, stir and mix until a sticky dough is formed. Let sit for 5 minutes.
* Oil your baking pan. Place dough on a floured board, using extra flour if needed, divide dough into 10 balls.
* Place balls onto prepared pan, let rise in a warm place for 25 minutes. Preheat oven @ 190 C towards the end of raising time.
* Drizzle the melted butter over the rolls. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Linking to Yeastspotting 4-8-11