Friday, January 20, 2012

DAIRY FREE OATMEAL BANANA SQUARES (EGGLESS)


Here is a nutritious snack for those allergic to dairy products. It is also egg free made with rolled oat, mashed banana and vegetable oil..

It is a simple basic recipe but a real hit, if you like oatmeal  banana squares. Once your family try them, they'll be asking for them on a constant demand. After all they deserve a wholesome  and guilt free treat once a while. This also makes a perfect after school snack or lunch box sweet.

DAIRY FREE OATMEAL BANANA SQUARES (EGGLESS)
Yield    :  7 in square loaf

1 C all purpose flour
1/2 C + 1 TB rolled oat
1 C mashed banana
1/4-1/2  C brown sugar
1/4  C canola oil
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
1 TB black sesame seed (optional)



METHOD

Preheat oven @ 175 C and grease 7 in square pan.

Combine flour, salt, baking powder, oat and brown sugar in a mixing bowl.

Add in oil, banana and vanilla to the dry ingredient, stir until well incorporated.

Pour the batter into prepared pan, sprinkle top with black sesame seed (optional). Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.

Cool in pan 10 minutes, transfer onto rack to cool.

Slice into squares to serve.

32 comments:

Aarthi said...

Totally YUMMY..I love it..Delicious.

Aarthi
http://yummytummy-aarthi.blogspot.com/

Christine's Pantry said...

This looks so good.

Chris said...

Hi there, these look absolutely delicious. I'm going to try them and see if they are better without the dairy. Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

Anzz said...

sigggh..! Why do you tempt me thus?? Looks wonderful and I love banana flavored cakes..!
PLease link this to my event, it is a perfect entry.!

My event- Valentines Day Special

Chandrani said...

Delicious healthy square...

Vimitha Anand said...

These look so soft n yum

hemalata said...

Very healthy n yummy squares,looks so soft.

Gayathri Kumar said...

Looks so soft and moist....

Sushma Mallya said...

wow what gorgeous and soft slices:)

Sobha Shyam said...

healthy and delicious squares..diary free sounds good...nice recipe :) I tried your Banana brownies recipe and they came out really good. I have posted it today at my space and linked to your recipe. Thanks for sharing such great recipes. :)

Suja said...

Soft and tempting..absolutely delicious

Priya said...

Incredible squares, simply makes me drool..

Priyanka said...

Superb yummy...!!!

simply.food said...

Healthy and delicious.

Julie said...

Absolutely yummy n tasty!!

Erivum Puliyum

Rosita Vargas said...

Esto es muy bueno uce tentador,saludos y abrazos hugs,hugs.

Torviewtoronto said...

this looks wonderful deliciously done

Anonymous said...

These look yummy...I cant wait to try them out. But I think you mean dairy free, not diary free ;)

Deeps @ Naughty Curry said...

these look delecious & the oats give it such a healthy touch

Joanne said...

Banana-filled treats are some of my favorites! This cake sounds delicious!

Roshu said...

Healthy n yummy

Kalyan said...

Just mouthwatering...looks so fresh, crispy & delicious!

Ambreen said...

Looks fabulous, I'd love a piece of that right now!

Sowmya said...

Novel, healthy breakfast squares!

Vegetarian Cultural Creatives

vineetha said...

Healthy and delicious.l.

Kala said...

I am a gr8 lover for oats recipe will def try this bookmarked

Deana said...

Thanks so much for linking up this weekend @ CountryMommaCooks Link & Greet party..Have a wonderful week!

SouthIndianHome said...

Healthy delicious and yummy
South Indian Recipes

Kara at Petals to Picots said...

These look delicious!! Thanks for sharing at my party!

Six Sisters said...

So healthy and looks delicious! We are so glad that you linked up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday". We hope you will come back next Saturday and share another recipe! -The Sisters

Ruth @ atnumber29 said...

mmmmmmmmmmm this looks yummy! Pinning on my recipe board.

Natasha Hoover said...

I can't wait to make these! Dairy creates some problems for me, so it's really nice to see a tasty recipe that's dairy free!

AddThis

IndiBlogger - The Largest Indian Blogger Community mytasteindonesia.com myTaste.com All recipes are on Petitchef Tasty Query - recipes search engine myTaste.in
Featured Author
Featured Author
view my recipes
Featured Author