This hearty meal of Keema Matar is normally a rich and heavy dish but here we keep it light and fresh by using very little oil and leanest meat either minced beef/lamb or mutton.
My son loves to scoop it up with some naan or chapati but it would also be good over rice. Normally it uses various spices such as coriander, turmeric, cumin and chili powder individually but now am using ready made meat masala powder that was available from local market or supermarket.
I'm not a big fan for green peas but they were absolutely perfect in this dish. They lend a slight sweetness among the spicy meat and juicy tomatoes. Cubed potato is also included in this Keema Matar.
KEEMA MATAR (MINCED MEAT WITH PEAS)
250 g minced beef or mutton
1/2 inch ginger grated
3 cloves garlic minced
3 tablespoon meat curry powder
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 cup water
salt to taste
handful of coriander leaves chopped
1 cup green peas
2 green chili slit
2 potato cubed
2 tomato cubed
1 big onion cubed
salt to taste
1 onion sliced
1 stick cinnamon
3 tablespoon cooking oil
* Combine mince meat with ginger, garlic, turmeric, cumin and chili powder, keep for 20 minutes..
* Heat the oil, add ingredients for frying. When onion turns light brown, add meat and fry till fragrant.
* Add potato and salt, stir then add water and bring to boil. Cover and cook until potato turns soft, stirring occasionally.
* Add tomato, onion, peas and green chili. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
* Remove from heat, sprinkle with chopped coriander leaves at the time of serving.