LABRLS




Sunday, May 10, 2015

BREAD VADA

Snack recipe  @ treatntrick.blogspot.com


These are cubed bread slices, spiced with green chili, onion, cumin and cilantro together with rice flour, semolina and yogurt as a binder.  They are combined to shape like a doughnut.

After shaping with greased hands, Bread Vada are fried in oil till golden brown, I did mine by shallow fryingcan also be deep fried.

Adjust the heat according to your tolerance. These tasted heavenly for breakfast or as a snack immediately after you've fried them.

Serve them as it is or dip with your favorite chutney


BREAD VADA
Yield :   10

5-6 slices bread
1/2 cup yogurt
1/4 cup rice flour
3 tablespoon semolina
1 onion chopped
5 curry leaves torn
2  green chili chopped
1/2 tsp cumin seed crushed
2 tablespoon cilantro chopped
salt to taste
Oil for frying

Snack recipe  @ treatntrick.blogspot.com


DIRECTIONS

Slice the bread into small cubes, put the in a bowl.

Mix in rice flour, semolina onion, curry leaves, green chili, cumin and salt.  Mix well and forms into dough.

Add in cilantro, mix well and shape into balls, flatten slightly with greased hands.  Make a hole in the center.

Heat oil in the flat pan, slide vadai and fry until golden brown.  Flip and cook the other side.

Remove and drain on absorbent paper.

Serve with chutney or ketchup.

Snack recipe @ treatntrick.blogspot.com

Other snack recipes your might want to try:

Peas Kachori
Cabbage Fritters GF
Savory Hand Pies

Connect with me:

FACEBOOK /     YOU TUBE /     YOU TUBE   /      RSS    /     EMAIL  /  GOOGLE+ / TWITTER

28 comments:

Medeja- CranberryJam said...

Looks delicious! I would even prefer shallow fried than deep fried.

Rafeeda AR said...

nice and interesting variation...

Beena said...

Simply superb

Unknown said...

Inviting & quick vada!

Ade said...

Any substitute for yogurt?

Winnie said...

These are soooo unique!! I've never even heard of such bread. They look fantastic and I'd looooooove to taste one! :)

Motions and Emotions said...

Breads are always quick fix..loved this recipe too

Ann Grubbs 'n Critters said...

Oh wow! This looks super interesting! Makes me want to try making these. Must be filling too! :)

Julie said...

looks tempting n delicious!

Audrey said...

I have never heard of this before, but now I am craving it!

saw this on Merry Mondays.

Katerina said...

I love the aroma and flavor cumin gives to food!

Recipe world said...

Delicious Vadas..nice to know that it can be shallow fried!

Jess said...

This sounds really good!

Thanks for joining the Link Up this week!

Juliana said...

This is totally new to me...and after reading how you make this bread vada...yes, I can see how taste these must be...thanks for the inspiration!
Have a great week :)

Unknown said...

These look delicious. I like the healthy spin on the classic doughnut. Thanks for sharing on Small Victories Sunday link up.

Christine | Where The Smiles Have Been said...

I have never heard of these before, but you sure make me want to try them out! They seem simple enough too. Thank you so much for sharing this with us over at Merry Monday! We hope you'll join us again! :)

Gouri Guha said...

These can be a delight with a cup of tea.

Unknown said...

Look delicious.Thanks for linking up to Pin Worthy Wednesday, I have pinned your post to the Pin Worthy Wednesday Pinterest Board

Anonymous said...

yummy and healthy snack dear

Anonymous said...

This looks so good! Thanks for linking up to Good Tips Tuesday. You will be featured this week. http://abirdandabean.com/2015/05/good-tips-tuesday-link-up-72.html

Unknown said...

These look quite interesting! Thanks for sharing at the #HomeMattersParty. We hope to see you again on Friday!

elaine @cookinandcraftin.com said...

Very Interesting flavor combo!! Thanks for Sharing on My 2 Favorite Things on Thursday - Link Party!! Hope to see you tomorrow!! Pinned!!

Skincare Villa said...

Vada is my all time favorite!! Great recipe, bookmarked <3

Hungry Mountaineer said...

These look so great! I love vadas! I usually buy them frozen from the Indian markets in Artesia, California but with the stay at home order, I can't drive two hours to buy frozen vadas so I may have to try this at home! Hopping over from the blog hop for a visit. Have a good week!

Linda S said...

This is something new to me, Marilyn, but it looks delicious! Looking forward to trying yoru recipe.

Melynda@Scratch Made Food! said...

Thanks for sharing with Encouraging Hearts and Home Blog Hop and Link-up! Your recipe for Bread Vada is one of my three featured posts this week. Stop by and say hello! This recipe has also been pinned to the EHH Pinterest Board.

Irene said...

Looks delicious and unique. I have pinned to try soon, thank you for the recipe and directions!

Terry Crylen said...

I can feel the weight gain already just looking at it. Yum!