It is always fun to bake each and every week. While scratching my head as what to make this week, I stumbled upon a box of cornflakes that was sitting in my cupboard.
Used my M & M Cookie Slices as a guide and little tweaking. I made this Cornflakes Crisp Bars for the kid to nibble,
It is super easy to bake and most of the ingredients are mostly available in your kitchen. For smooth cutting, you can blend the cornflakes but not too fine, Just crushed mine with rolling pin and you'll find some still in a bigger piece. This is what give these bars a crunch when you bite into it.
For final touch, you could dress them up however you like by adding chocolate chips or even mini M & M but this is optional. Added a bit of grated chocolate since that is the only one I have.
These Cornflakes Crisp Bars are truly delicious, a satisfying crunch with simple ingredients make these a wonderful snack.
CORNFLAKES CRISP BARS
Makes 12-16 slices depending on size
1//4 cup butter melted
1/4 cup plain yogurt
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 - 3/4 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla essence
3 cups cornflakes roughly blended
1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven @ 180 C and lightly grease 8 in cake pan.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat egg, melted butter, sugar, yogurt and vanilla essence until well combined.
3. Fold in flour and roughly crushed cornflakes. Stir well.
4. Scoop the mixture into prepared pan, spread evenly.
5. Sprinkle the top with chocolate chips (optional) and lightly press them with your finger.
6. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
7. Cool in pan for 30 minutes before slicing.
Other bars recipe you should try:
Rolled Oat Slice
Honey Oat Bars
Connect with me:
FACEBOOK / PINTEREST / YOU TUBE / YOU TUBE / RSS / EMAIL
GOOGLE+ / TWITTER