LABRLS




Sunday, April 30, 2017

MUTABBAQ (MURTABAK) RECIPE

Mutabbaq (Murtabak) Recipe @ treatntrick.blogspot.com

Mutabbaq is a stuffed flat bread originating from Saudi Arabia.  It is now popular in   Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei, Thailand, Indonesia and India,  The name and ingredients may significantly vary from one country to another.

My Mutabbaq Recipe was stuffed with tuna,  It could be filled with your choice of fillings.  Be it sweet or savory.  It can be enjoyed anytime of the day,  You could use  minced meat or  turns it meatless if you are vegetarian.

When adding liquid or milk to the flour, add in little by little until you get a  soft dough.  Add more milk if needed because it depends on type of flour you use.

When rolling out the Mutabbaq on dusted surface,  make sure it is really thin to ensure  fully cooked  bread and proper balance of dough and filling.

I used my non stick pan to fry these mutabbaq and much less oil but you could use cast iron pan if you have.

Mutabbaq (Murtabak) Recipe @ treatntrick.blogspot.com

Other snack recipes you should try:

Egg Curry Puffs from scratch

Apple Oatmeal Bars

Prata Tuna Rolls

Fruit Cornflakes Bars


MUTABBAQ (MURTABAK) RECIPE
Yield  :  8

PASTRY
  • 2 ,5 cup  plain flour
  • 5  tablespoon cooking oil
  • 3/4   tsp salt
  • 1 1/4  cup or more warm milk 
METHOD

Place   flour and salt in a mixing bowl.

Add in oil and  milk  gradually to form into soft dough. Knead for 5 minutes Keep  covered for  2 hours 

FILLING

3 big red onion sliced
1=2  tablespoon  chili powder
1  tsp turmeric powder
2 tin x 185 g tuna drained
5 cloves garlic minced
2 capsicum thiinly sliced
salt to taste
2 tablespoon oil
lemon juice
2 eggs lightly beaten

METHOD FOR FILLING

Heat the oil, add in  onion.  fry until  translucent . Add in  garlic.

Add in tuna and capsicum, sprinkle chili, salt . little water  and turmeric powder.

Stir for 2-3  minutes,  add in lemon juice, remove and cool.

Add beaten eggs to the filling when you are ready to  make the mutabbaq.

HOW TO SHAPE THE  MUTABBAQ

Divide dough into 8 equal balls.

Roll out each ball on well floured  surface into very   thin circle about  10  in diameter.

Spread about 2 tablespoon of filling evenly. .

Fold in four sides , like an envelope.   Complete the rest of the dough.

Carefully place the dough onto heated pan, drizzle some  oil and flip.   Cook until it turns golden brown on both sides.

Remove with slotted spoon and drain on  kitchen towel.

Serve hot.

Mutabbaq (Murtabak) Recipe @ treatntrick.blogspot.com


Connect with me:

FACEBOOK /     PINTEREST  /  YOU TUBE /     YOU TUBE   /      RSS 

 GOOGLE+ / TWITTER

10 comments:

GiGi Eats Celebrities said...

What an interesting little pocket of yum!

Rafeeda AR said...

I have been wanting to make these since long... love your filling of tuna, makes it easier...

Petra said...

I love the sound of the filled flatbreads, I almost never make my own but this looks great and I love how thin you made them! Delicious :)

The Lazy Gastronome said...

Now you've done it - I'm hungry!!! Looks really tasty - Thanks for sharing on the What's for Dinner link up!!

Jess said...

Wow...how interesting! :)

I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Cristina said...

This looks so amazing. I love the recipes, it`s a great combination of ingredients. I`m pinning this for later :)

Teresa B said...

I've never heard of this before, but it sounds great. I do love tune, but I'm guessing I could stuff it just with vegetables, right? Thank you for sharing the recipe at The Really Crafty Link Party this week. Pinned!

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Something new to me. Thanks for sharing this new recipe at DI&DI.

Queen Mom Jen said...

I'm in! This looks delicious. I love when I see flavorful recipes from other places like this :) #happynowlinkup

A Crafty Mix said...

That really looks and sounds delicious. Love the fact that the dough is so thin, it must be wonderfully crunchy after it's been fried. Thanks for the share