LABRLS




Sunday, May 14, 2017

DORAYAKI RECIPE

Dorayaki Recipe @ treatntrick.blogspot.com

Dorayaki is a popular Japanese pancake sandwich with sweet red bean paste,  eaten for breakfast, as a dessert or snack.

This pancake uses least liquid but more eggs to get those super soft texture.  I rest my batter for 30 minutes  before frying.

The original dorayaki is  sandwiched with red bean paste but I don't have them at the moment so replace it with chocolate and some with  peanut butter and jelly.

Dorayaki Recipe @ treatntrick.blogspot.com

Since the batter contains sugar and honey, it tends to brown faster.   so you need to watch first few  carefully  and adjust the heat accordingly.

The fluffy and fragrant  little  Dorayaki   turned out so cute and DELICIOUS.   Am going to try next with other fillings such as blueberries, coconut jam (kaya), strawberries and many more.

Dorayaki Recipe @ treatntrick.blogspot.com

Other  dessert recipes you should check out:

Baked Eggless Churros

Quick Blueberry Oatmeal Cups 

Cheesy Quick Bread 


DORAYAKI RECIPE
Yield :   12 dorayaki
Slightly adapted from  Norhayati Samsudin Azin MAHN

2 cup plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoon condensed milk
2  tablespoon oil
3 medium eggs
3/4 cup  water
1 tablespoon honey
1  tsp vanilla essence

FILLING
2 cups chocolate spread or red bean paste

DIRECTIONS

Whisk together flour and baking powder in a mixing bowl.

Beat sugar and eggs until  fluffy.

Mix in condensed milk, honey, water and vanilla.

Add this mixture onto flour, mix until well blended.   Rest for 30 minutes.

Heat a non stick pan, coat with little oil, wipe the pan with kitchen towel.

Pour 1/4 cup of batter in the middle of the pan.  Do not spread.

When bubbles appear, flip and cook the  other side until it turns brown.

Remove and spread with your favorite filling and sandwich with another.

Connect with me:

FACEBOOK /     PINTEREST  /  YOU TUBE /     YOU TUBE   /      RSS    /     EMAIL 
GOOGLE+ / TWITTER

6 comments:

Jess said...

Yummy! :)

I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

The Lazy Gastronome said...

Sounds good - never heard of this. I'll have to try it. Thanks for sharing on the What's for Dinner Link up!

Teresa B said...

The pancakes sound wonderful. The read bean paste, not so much. I've never tried it, but it seems weird to put in on pancakes, so I would just stick to the chocolate spread, I think. Thank you for sharing the recipe at The Really Crafty link Party. Pinned!

Jen said...

I just watched a fun recipe about a gentleman who has a stand selling these! What a fun recipe :)

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

So totally new to me. now it makes me wonder how it tastes. Thanks for sharing something new at Dishing It & Digging It.

Sarita @ An Off Grid Life said...

These sound really good - I've never heard of them but my gang loves beans and pancakes so I'm sure they'd be a hit. Thanks for sharing at The Homestead Blog HOp!