LABRLS




Saturday, May 14, 2011

LEMON COOKIES

lemon cookies recipe @ treatntrick.blogspot.com

These sweet and buttery  cookies are always a favorite for not only you can tailor the shape but also dress them simply with granulated sugar or decorate them with your favorite frosting. They  can be kept  for several days in an airtight container. Adding corn flour ensures it has soft texture. Use softened butter and not easily spreadable ones for easy mixing.

These cookies are divine! They were delightful, crisp and crunchy on the outside but soft in the middle, full lemon flavor. Also great for parties and  as a gift too.

lemon cookies recipe @ treatntrick.blogspot.com


LEMON COOKIES
Yield    :    36 cookies

1  cup all purpose flour
1/4  cup  corn flour
1/2  cup  butter
1/4  cup + 2  tablespoon  powdered sugar
1   tablespoon  grated lemon rind
1 1/2  tablespoon  lemon juice
1/4 tsp  salt

Photobucket

METHOD

Combine flour, corn flour and salt in a mixing bowl.

Cream butter and sugar, add lemon juice and lemon rind..

Gradually add flour to the butter, forms into soft dough. Preheat oven @ 160 C.

Pinch dough and shape into small balls or roll out dough 1/4 in thick  and cut out shape using a cookie cutter. Place onto baking sheet.

Bake cookies for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned.

Transfer and cool on rack.

Bookmark and Share

Top post on IndiBlogger, the biggest community of Indian Bloggers
   Connect with me:

FACEBOOK /   INSTAGRAM /   YOU TUBE /     YOU TUBE   /      RSS    /     EMAIL  

 GOOGLE+  /  TWITTER  /  PINTEREST

44 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot..I love butter cookies and I realized I havent tried baking them.grabbing your recipe for my compilation of success!Have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

wow...cute little cookies...Love'em...:)

Dr.Sameena@

http://www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com/

Hamaree Rasoi said...

I like the lemon flavor in cakes and baking goods. . Nice buttery cookies

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Raksha said...

wonderful, I liked the star shape

Reva said...

Cookies look yum... real treat:)
Reva

Raji said...

Butter cookies with lemon flavour..wow..awesome.

Unknown said...

Buttery cookies looks awesome............

Suparna said...

butter cookies look sinful and really picture perfect!

Vimitha Durai said...

Nice and flavorful cookies look so delish and perfect

Joanne said...

Yum! I love lemony desserts and these sound fabulous!

Priya Sreeram said...

looks delightful and such perfect bake !

Miriam said...

Adorable cookies! Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

yummmmy...yum...sounds flavorful ...
Tasty Appetite

Julie said...

cute lemon cookies!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Torviewtoronto said...

yummy flavourful cookies
would be wonderful for snacks

Odahingum said...

Yum!
Great Blog! ☺ ☺ ☺
Stopping by from the Spotlight Saturday Blog Hop!

I'm following via GFC! ☺ ☺ ☺
Hope to see you at my blog!
http://diversity-unlimited.blogspot.com/

Odahingum

Rosita Vargas said...

exquisitas galletas con aroma me encantan,se ven preciosas,cariƱos y abrazos.

Chiara88 said...

thanks for your partecipation...:-) recipe and package are perfect for my contest!!
bye bye
kiss
chiara

Sushma Mallya said...

Delicious and crispy love the lemon flavour ..yum!

Priya Suresh said...

Those cookies looks elegant and scrumptious..

Massaia Canterina said...

I really love lemon flavour in cakes and cookies!
Bravissima!

My "Mai Dire Mais" cookbook is now complete! You can download it!
http://massaiacanterina.blogspot.com/2011/05/mai-dire-basta-una-raccolta-che-finisce.html

See you soon!
...And be ready for my new coffee-contest!!!

Bye!
Elisa

Nadz Nazharzan said...

Tgk cookies, rasa mcm nak beraya la pulak heheeee... Boleh cuba ni utk kuih raya.

Tiffany said...

Super cute! Are those sesame seeds on top?!?!? :D

Sowmya said...

Those cookies look perfect...yumm!

Vegetarian Cultural Creatives

Kim said...

i love lemon cookies~!! yummm~ love that star shape too :D

Vidhya said...

Loved the flavors going in the cookies.Cute and delicious.

Treat and Trick said...

Tiffany...I topped them with black sesame seed..

Naz...kalau kat rumah akak, tak payah tunggu raya, cookies tu sentiasa ada dalam botol, bila2 masa sedia utk dimakan...

Unknown said...

What a beautiful shape and color :)

Unknown said...

If you are planning to ship those wonderful cooking let me know...i shall send you my address :)

Usha said...

Love the shape of the cookies!

briarrose said...

Lemon makes such a refreshing cookie. I love the shapes.

Ambreen (Simply Sweet n Savory) said...

These cookies look delicious. I'm putting this one in my queue!

Plateful said...

I'm a sucker for citrus flavors and can imagine how good the butter cookies tasted. Bookmarked!

Charley29 said...

great post, I really like it. Thanks for posting. :)

Aleshea said...

Looks so yummy! Thanks for linking up with us.

Veronica Lee said...

I love, love, love anything lemon and these cookies look amazing! Yummm!

Sylvia Graceforagypsy.com said...

These cookies sound delicious! Thanks for linking up at the #WednesdayAIMLinkParty 43 pinned

mykitchensnippets27 said...

Lovely cookiesšŸ˜š..love the shapes..reminds of childhood..Do visit my blog and supporthttp://mykitchensnippets27.blogspot.com

Sum of their Stories said...

I have a sad and lonely lemon hanging around somewhere, I think I'll give this s try this afternoon. Thanks

Karins Kottage said...

Lemon butter Cookies YUM!! Two of my favorite things :) I would love to have you join my Centerpiece Wednesday Linky party and share this post with us! https://karinskottage.com/2020/07/welcome-to-centerpiece-wednesday-july-8.html Hope to see you there!
Karin

April J Harris said...

What a lovely gift your cookies would make, Nora! I love lemon cookies, and yours look particularly delicious. Thank you for sharing and for being a part of the Hearth and Soul Link Party. Take care and have a lovely week!

linda said...

These look yummy can't wait to try them.

Donna @ Modern on Monticello said...

This recipe seems so simple and yet so delicious. Thanks for sharing. #HomeMattersParty

Ann said...

I love lemon and these cookies sound delicious! Thank you for sharing at Party In Your PJ's!