LABRLS




Sunday, March 13, 2016

BROCCOLI & TOMATO PASTA RECIPE

Broccoli & Tomato Pasta Recipe @ treatntrick.blogspot.com

We love pasta but I seldom cook it.   My son requested  to have pasta this week,   first thing I  check what I have in my pantry and fridge.

Since we have broccoli, macaroni and fresh tomato, decided to whip up my Broccoli & Tomato Pasta for our meal today.

Wonder why I don't make this often since this is the easiest and importantly tasty.   When boiling the pasta, cook until aldente as stated on the package.   Use the water from boiling pasta to cook broccoli and retain some of the water to be added to the pasta if it is too dry.

Prefer spicier pasta, added more chili paste than stated.   In case you don't have chili paste, opt for chili powder.  I know some of you may not have  chili powder so add black pepper instead.

This Broccoli & Tomato Pasta is so versatile, you can add other vegetables, meat or cheese to your liking  Even without any add on, it tastes awesome!

My family also love the following pasta.  Check the recipe by clicking on the title.

Stir Fried Pasta

Penne Arrabiata

Spaghetti In Ccurry Sauce

Broccoli & Tomato Pasta Recipe @ treatntrick.blogspot.com


BROCCOLI & TOMATO PASTA RECIPE
Serves  :  5-6

3 cups uncooked pasta
5 medium tomato chopped
3 medium onion chopped
1.5 cup broccoli florets
4 cloves garlic minced
4 tablespoon olive oil
4 tablespoon tomato sauce
3 tsp chili paste or to taste
salt to taste

Broccoli & Tomato Pasta Recipe @ treatntrick.blogspot.com


DIRECTIONS

Bring a pot of water and salt to boil.  Add in pasta, cook pasta until aldente according the the package instruction.

Separate the broccoli into florets, wash then drain.  Using pasta water, blanch them for 5 minutes, drain well.

Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan, add in garlic, fry the fragrant.

Mix in onion and little salt, fry until translucent..

Mix in tomato, cook until they turn mushy.

Now add the chili paste, cook for a few minutes.  Add in tomato sauce and broccoli.  Stir well.

Add in pasta and salt if needed, stir until pasta is fully coated with tomato.

Ready to serve.

Connect with me:

FACEBOOK /     PINTEREST  /  YOU TUBE /     YOU TUBE   /      RSS    /     EMAIL 

GOOGLE+ / TWITTER

27 comments:

Winnie said...

This is a great pasta dish! We love broccoli and our favorite pasta sauce is tomato's
Have no doubt - I'm making this for dinner tonight :)

Motions and Emotions said...

Liked the simplicity of the recipe

Beena said...

Delicious healthy pasta recipe

Rajesh said...

That is delicious.

Teresa B said...

Ah, maybe I can convince my kids to eat something green this way! Thank you for sharing at The Really Crafty link party! Pinned!

con delight said...

Looks really delicious and easy to make dish

Raising Samuels said...

This looks delicious! Thanks for sharing with #OMHGWW! Hope to see you link up again next week :)

Unknown said...

Sounds good! I love pasta recipes! :) Thanks for sharing! #SmallVictories

hospitality management courses in kolkata said...

I came across your blog while looking for some pasta recipes and liked a lot. How amazing! I will keep an eye on your post.

Katerina said...

Pasta is such a versatile meal and can please even the most difficult ones. This is super tasty!

Jess said...

Oh wow...this sounds so delicious!

I would LOVE for you join and share this at my DIY and Recipes FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

My Cozy Corner said...

Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop

My Cozy Corner said...

Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop

Arti said...

Ummm.. Yummmmy! Love the variety of flavors springing out from it!

Bushra Muzaffar said...

I love pasta. This is great.

bestayurvedakerala said...

like the recipes

priya said...

Tomato is my the most favorite flavor in pasta ... Never tried Broccoli with themmm

Nancy Andres at Colors 4 Health said...

At the themed vegan recipe roundup and liking your recipe. I'll use less oil and water instead. Comes out better for me that way. Be well and thanks for sharing.

Dee | GrammysGrid.com said...

Looks and sounds good!! Thanks so much for linking up with me at #AThemedLinkup 13 for Vegan Recipes, open March 15 to 25. All entries shared on social media if share buttons installed. My Unlimited Monthly Party 10 is open March 1 to 26 if you’d like to link up for more views and shares. My party Bottle – 65 Words Writing Prompt Linkup is open March 10 to 20, won’t you join me for fun and creativity?

Joanne said...

That does sound tasty! We eat a lot of pasta and I am always looking for new ways to serve it; especially with added vegetables. Pinned.

Renee Brown said...

What a great idea! Especially since meat prices are so high right now. This will be a filling yet simple dish to add to my menu this month.

The Lazy Gastronome said...

My tomatoes are starting to ripen! This will be amazing. Thanks for sharing at the What's for Dinner party. Have a wonderful week.

Dee | GrammysGrid.com said...

Visiting again to say thanks so much for linking up with me at the Unlimited Link Party 29. Pinned!

NCSue said...

That looks delicious! Thank you for sharing this at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2021/11/more-monarchs.html. A worthy recipe!

Veronica Lee said...

Healthy and delish!

Happy Wednesday!

Slabs said...

Congratulations, you will be featured on the upcoming Senior Salon Pit Stop post, Monday, Nov 15th as one of the top three bloggers.
Thank you for your support and participation. Please invite your fellow bloggers to also come and participate, thanks in advance.

Vintage Style Gal said...

I love when recipes are created by what you have on hand, sounds good Nora! <3