This is a traditional kuih made of green bean flour, coconut milk and sugar. In the olden days, the flour has to be prepared from scratch but now it's easily obtainable from the supermarket or bakery outlet. Before cooking this tasty treat you have to prepare the coconut crumbs (tahi minyak), sugar syrup then only you can proceed in making this kuih.
KOLEH KOLEH (GREEN BEAN PUDDING)
1 cup green bean flour
2 cups coconut milk
pinch of salt
220g palm sugar (gula Melaka)
1 cup water
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 fragrant screwpine leaf
1 cup coconut milk for crumbs
1. Pour 1 cup coconut milk in a pot, with low heat keep stirring until you get the oil and crumbly coconut, after it turns brown remove the crumb but keep the oil.
2. In an another pot, boil palm sugar, granulated sugar, water and screwpine leaf until sugar is dissolved.
3. Combine flour, syrup, coconut milk and salt, mix well and strain.
4. Pour the mixture onto the pot used for making the crumbs, keep stirring until it thickens.
5. Now pour onto desired tray. Sprinkle the coconut crumbs (tahi minyak) on top before serving.
6. Cool completely before cutting.
Connect with me:
FACEBOOK / PINTEREST / YOU TUBE / YOU TUBE / RSS / EMAIL / GOOGLE+ / TWITTER
Hearth And Soul 25
Tuesdays At The Table
We Did It Wednesday
Real Food Wednesday
Whatever Goes Wednesday 42
Creative Share Blog Hop
62nd Penny Pinching Party
What's Cooking Wednesday