Sunday, March 7, 2010
BANANA AND OAT COOKIES
Have baked muffin and cake using banana. What's next to cook with banana? This is a nice twist to a regular oatmeal cookies. It's a great way to use up your over riped banana. At the time of baking the aroma of bananas filled entire kitchen, certainly any essence is not required for the recipe. The cookies had soft center and pleasant to munch with.
1 and 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 and 3/4 cups rolled oat
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup butter softened
3-4 medium bananas mashed
1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
2 tablespoons black sesame seed
1. Preheat oven @ 170 C. Sift together flour, cinnamon and baking powder.
2. Beat together butter and sugar until fluffy, add banana, sesame seed and oat.
3. Mix together the dry ingredients with butter mixture until well combined.
4. Drop a tablespoonful of dough onto baking pan.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
6. Remove and cool on wire rack.
7. Store in an airtight container.
Show And Tell Friday 16
Vegetarian Foodie Fridays 31
Family Friendly Friday
Flaunt It Friday 37
Its Hodgepodge Friday 16
Feature Yourself Friday 16
Food On Fridays
Inspiration Friday 16
Market Yourself Monday
Midnight Maniac Meatless Mondays
This Weeks Cravings 7