One of the easiest dish you can prepare and tastes great too. As you know, black pepper is known for its health benefits, improve digestion, promote intestinal health,antioxidant and antibacterial effects. It contains vitamin K, iron, dietary fiber and manganese.
This is not the typical black pepper chicken that uses soya and oyster sauce, the addition of freshly ground black pepper really enhances the taste of this chicken.
Best taken with bread, roti or even rice.
500g chicken pieces (fat and skin removed)
2 onions chopped
2 T ground black pepper
1 T chicken curry powder
1 T ginger garlic paste
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tomatoes chopped
1 stick cinnamon
salt to taste
2 T oil
coriander leaves for garnish
* Marinate cleaned chicken with ginger garlic paste, salt and turmeric.
* Heat the oil, add in cinnamon, clove and cardamom. Put in the onion, fry until light brown.
* Now add the tomatoes and salt, cook until soft. Add in the black pepper and curry powder, stir until fragrant, add water if it is too dry.
* Add chicken pieces, stir until well coated, add some water and cover the pan.
* Once the chicken turns soft, remove from heat and sprinkle coriander leaves.
* Best eaten with naan, capathi or rice.
Pennywise Platter Thursday
Simple Lives Thursday
Recipe Swap Thursday
Its A Keeper Thursday
Hookin Up With HoH
Show Off Your Stuff
Making It With Allie
Think Pink Sundays
Real Food Wednesday