I'm in the mood for baking, this time another easy way to bake peanut cookies. The only tedious process is preparing the ground peanut, have done it from scratch but you can also purchase ready made ground peanut from bakery or supermarket.
The dough is easy to handle and shaping can be done in no time. For decoration purpose, egg glaze can be applied and dot with half peanut or cherry.
After baking, let it sits for a few minutes since the cookies is still soft, gently removed onto wire rack to cool.
1 C al purpose flour
2 C cornflour
3/4 C fine sugar
1 C softened butter
1 C ground roasted peanut
1 tsp vanilla essence
egg yolk for glazing (optional)
peanut halves/cherries for topping
* Cream butter and sugar until well blended, add vanilla essence.
* Gradually add flour and peanut to form a pliable dough.
* Preheat oven @ 170 C. Shape the dough into small ball then flatten or use cookie cutter to shape. Place on a baking tray and top with peanut/cherries.
* Bake 15-20 minutes @ 170 C.
* Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes then only transfer onto wire rack.
* When completely cool, store in an airtight container.
Linking to Cornflour Recipes