This moist cake is perfect for brunch or dessert. The apple walnut combination makes it perfect for fall or a small gathering.
It is really easy and simple to bake, you need not use your mixer or your hand blender. It's just mix and bake, using just two bowls eliminating the washing up all those utensils. I'm always on the look out for such an easy recipe but producing great results and this one is one of them!
Apple can be replaced with pear and for the nuts, you have a wider choice, they are pecan, cashew, peanut or hazel nut, just pick whatever you prefer but now have added what is available in my kitchen, a few tablespoons of ground walnut that is hardly seen in the cake.
APPLE & WALNUT CAKE
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup milk
1/4 cup melted butter
1 large apple peeled and chopped
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 C chopped walnut
* Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Preheat oven @ 180 C. Grease 7 inch pan.
* Combine together butter, milk, sugar, apple, vanilla and walnut.
* Now add dry ingredients with the milk mixture, stir until just combined.
* Pour into prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
* Cool on pan 10 minutes, transfer into rack to cool. Slice to serve.
Linking to Apple Recipes
FACEBOOK / YOU TUBE / YOU TUBE / RSS / EMAIL / GOOGLE+ / TWITTER