I came across this recipe while hunting for perfect chocolate chip cookies. On going through the recipe I noticed it uses less oil and not too heavy dose of sugar so this is my ultimate choice for chocolate chip muffin. It's really quick and easy to prepare.
It turns out absolutely delightful with the right amount of sugar, moist and full chocolate flavor. These muffins aren't just for breakfast, they're good for anytime. I sprinkled with toasted chopped almond instead of chocolate chip and omit the egg but added 3 tablespoons yogurt. With these changes they still turn out great.
CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFIN
Adapted from Nigella Lawson
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp soda
1 cup milk
2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup chocolate chip
1/3 cup plus 2 tsp oil
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 egg (replaced with 3 tablespoon yogurt)
1/4 cup chocolate chip to sprinkle
* Sift flour, baking soda and baking powder together. Preheat oven @ 190 C. Line muffin pan with paper muffin cases.
* In a mixing bowl, combine sifted flour, cocoa, sugar and chocolate chip.
* Combine milk, oil, egg (if using) and vanilla in a small bowl.
* Mix together dry and wet ingredient until just combined.
* Spoon into prepared pan 3/4 full, sprinkle chocolate chip on top and bake for 15-20 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
Connect with me:
FACEBOOK / YOU TUBE / YOU TUBE / RSS / EMAIL / GOOGLE+ / TWITTER