LABRLS




Monday, January 24, 2011

BEANS & CARROT FRY

Photobucket

Eating vegetables is one of the sources of vitamin and mineral. It is important that vegetables are included in our diet. We have to choose a fresh and colorful veggie so that they are tasty as well as attractive especially for fussy kid.

Stir fry is much easier to prepare and hardly utilized much time. Just cut up any vegetable you want to use almost same size to ensure uniform cooking. It uses least spice but very delicious.



BEANS & CARROT  FRY

250 g carrot cubed
150 g long bean cut into small
1 onion chopped
1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
1/2 teaspoon urad dhal
1/2 teaspoon bengal gram
2 T grated coconut
1 sprig curry leaves
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
3 green chili sliced
salt to taste
2 T oil

METHOD

* Heat the oil, fry mustard seed, urad and bengal dhal until fragrant.

* Add the onion, green chili and curry leaves.

* Now add carrot, bean, turmeric and salt and fry for a few minutes.

* Sprinkle some water and cover the pan, stir every 2-3 minutes.

* Once the carrot turns soft, sprinkle coconut and stir well.

* Remove from heat. Serve hot.

Linking to  The Spices Event


Connect with me:

FACEBOOK /     YOU TUBE /     YOU TUBE   /      RSS    /     EMAIL  /  GOOGLE+ / TWITTER

25 comments:

M D said...

One of my favs with curd rice. Simple, yet delicious!

Zareena said...

This dish sounds so easy. I am sure gonna try this.

http://myexperimentswithfood.blogspot.com

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

That is a healthy and enjoyable dish! A great combo.

Cheers,

Rosa

A SPICY PERSPECTIVE said...

What a healthy and flavorful dish!

The Country Cook said...

Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog! I'm really enjoying reading through your recipes - they look great! I'm your newest follower :)

Rachu said...

I make this often.. but adding bengal gram is new to me.. Next time will this way..

ammaandbaby.blogspot.com/

Mary Bergfeld said...

What an interesting dish. This is my first visit to your blog and I wanted you to know that I really like the food and recipes you feature here. I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Juliana said...

So interesting this dish...healthy...and the coconut must make this taste even better :-)

Medeja- CranberryJam said...

And I have planned to make carrots with peas :)
I totally agree, its really good for health to eat a lot of vegetables

Ila said...

Hi...
Very yummy fry :)
Thanks for visiting my space :)
U have delicious space :)

Nourhan @ Miss Anthropist's Kitchen said...

Mmm I love carrots and beans! Thanks for sharing :)

Peggy said...

I love simple vegetable stir fries! This sounds great!

♥Sugar♥Plum♥Fairy♥ said...

I agree , veggies are good for us and this is a delicious way to add them to our daily diet:-) We make something quite similar here too, and i loveee how its very lightly spiced ,yet flavorful!

Joanne said...

What a delicious stir fry! I love that it has coconut in it!

Dimah said...

Wow, this is so tempting..great recipe!

Jackie at Phamfatale.com said...

Flavorful, nutritious, full of protein and packed with flavor! Just what I need. THanks for sharing!

Namitha said...

An all time fav combo in my family :-)

Victor said...

Such a delicious dish! Wow!

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

too tempting....n scrumptious..
Tasty appetite

Rich said...

This looks excellent; a really healthy way to get a quick side ...

Sarah Naveen said...

My fav..looks so yummy!!

carmenpiva said...

Hi! It's also the first time for me, visiting your blog. You have now a Spanish follower, and I'll pop in your kitchen to see what you're cooking..., since what I've seen looks very nice.
xxx

Ang said...

This looks so interesting(in a really good way) I love all the unique flavors used.

Jan at Jewelry4Change said...

This looks great. :) I'm going to try your naan recipe too.
I'm a new follower from Say Hi Sunday.
:) Jan http://www.jewelry4change.blogspot.com

Treat and Trick said...

carmenpiva...Thanks for visiting and joining in my site, shall visit yours too to check up your yummy post..


Jan at Jewelry4Change...Thanks for stopping by and joining in my site. So glad you like my recipes, do let me know once you've tried them..