This is a perfect sauce to be taken with noodle. You can add a variety of ingredients to the finished sauce to create a completely different dish. I'm using fresh yellow noodle, just blanch for 1-2 minutes in a pot of boiling water. If you're using dry noodle, please prepare them according to the package instruction. Any type of pasta works well too.
There are several ways to cook this dish. One method is to boil the meat until soft, retaining the stock before you start cooking. Either way you choose, it turns out great and flavorful. The thickness of the soup is up to you, add less water for a thicker sauce.
NOODLE W/SWEET & SOUR SAUCE
500g fresh yellow noodle blanch and drain
2 big onion chopped
3 cloves garlic chopped
1 in ginger chopped
2 T chili paste
2 tomato chopped
500g sliced beef
250g carrot or other vegetable
3 T tomato sauce
2 T chili sauce
salt and sugar to taste
6 cups water
red/green chili for garnish
3 T oil
* Heat the oil, fry the onion, garlic, chili paste and ginger until fragrant Add tomato, cook until tomato turns soft.
* Add in sliced beef, stir for 1 minutes then add the required water, simmer until beef turns soft.
* Pour in tomato sauce, chili sauce, salt and sugar, bring to boil again.
* Now add the vegetable., once the vegetable is cooked, remove from heat.
* To serve, place noodle in a small bowl, pour the gravy and sprinkle with coriander leaves and sliced red/green chili..